auto transmission fluid

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

xie_guangpeng

auto transmission fluid

Post by xie_guangpeng »

anyone who can tell me how can I check the auto transmission fluid,
I can only find the position of transmission fluid with red cap, but there is no such plug tube such like the yellow stuff for engine oil.
99,lanos,1.5
Spider
Expert

Re: auto transmission fluid

Post by Spider »

xie_guangpeng wrote:anyone who can tell me how can I check the auto transmission fluid,
I can only find the position of transmission fluid with red cap, but there is no such plug tube such like the yellow stuff for engine oil.
99,lanos,1.5
There is probably a better way to do this but for what it's worth ? the following is how a guy (Keith, a transmission rebuilder/mechanic) does it:

" If your car has a 4T40-E transmission , if you can't find a dipstick , then look for a round red cap right above the top of the transmission where it 's bolted to the block, it should say trans fluid fill. To check the fliud you will get under the car and look at the axle goes into the transmission, right around to the front of the trans, about 3 or 4 inches is a Pipe plug , it has a 7/16 bolt head , take it loose ,someone else should start the car then you take the plug out all the way , fluid should run in a good stream , if is'nt fil it at the red cap till fliud runs out the hole . You'll have to put the plug back in pretty quick so you don't lose any fluid . I hope this helped you, It's a stupid place to check it who going to crall under their car out on the highway if you need fluid."

Sounds like a messy and potentialy un-safe way to check it.
When my Lanos Factory Service Manual (that I recently ordered) arrives ? I will see what it has to say and pass it on.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Look here:

Daniel
xie_guangpeng

Post by xie_guangpeng »

thanks for help.

that is too professional and complex for me, thanks any way, I will ask the mechanic to check that during a service.
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

Daniel wrote:Look here:

Daniel
Daniel,
Nice work ! I just recieved my factory service manual today and was wondering how to scan this page.
I am very pleased with the set wow ! two books weigh 13 pounds ! Tons of good info. I paid $48.00 (USD) for the set. For a person that 'wrenches' this is the money saving way to go.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
Woowagon

Post by Woowagon »

Where did you get your manual set? I found a set for my Woowagon on ebay but it is $90 plus shipping.
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

Woowagon wrote:Where did you get your manual set? I found a set for my Woowagon on ebay but it is $90 plus shipping.

This guy,
He has an e-Bay store.
If you don't see it listed ? just; "ask seller a question" He has lots of Daewoo stuff.

http://stores.ebay.com/wholesale-discou ... idZ2QQtZkm
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

- -- Thomas Edison
lanos99

Post by lanos99 »

do I need to change the oil , or just refill if needed?
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

oil should be changed in trannys every 100,000 miles

Jimmy