3rd Gear synchro

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

boosted_to_zero

3rd Gear synchro

Post by boosted_to_zero »

I was just wondering if sny of you guys have a manaul on the nubira 2, specially in relation to the gearbox, i have blown synchros 3rd gear n not sure how much damage i may have done to the 3rd. Now i intend on removin the box, replacing the clutch, and pullin the box apart, just need a manual to help me out with the box, like what goes where and stuff like that.
exiled

Re: 3rd Gear synchro

Post by exiled »

boosted_to_zero wrote:I was just wondering if sny of you guys have a manaul on the nubira 2, specially in relation to the gearbox, i have blown synchros 3rd gear n not sure how much damage i may have done to the 3rd. Now i intend on removin the box, replacing the clutch, and pullin the box apart, just need a manual to help me out with the box, like what goes where and stuff like that.

i have replaced the 3rd sych in my lanos too. it was a prob lem with the trannies dodge crappy ass parts. if you are gunna get a new clutch and into performance there is a place that can make a carbon kev clutch for you too. but take the car down to your mech or if you can do it just replace the synch for 3rd and pop walla its fixed =)
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

stange that i do trash these crappy ass part trannys almost daily and i do have a 4 puck custome made ceramic clutch (with no springs) and i dont have that problem.

dont miss 3rd gear so often and u wont have that problem
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
boosted_to_zero

i just have the standard clutch, i have replaced the box and i was dumb not to replace the clutch with a performance one with the way i drive. i wish i did now, but yer shite happens.

I wanna rebuild it with stronger parts, anyone have any info on that wat else might match
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

If your going to get it rebuilt you should be able to send the gears to a shop to have them strengthened.

Shotpeening, cryotreatment, nitrating..... lots of ways to make them stronger.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

i think the 2nd gear syncro in my lanos is a little messed up cause i can have the clutch in and it still makes a metalish mating noise, and thats the only gear that it does it in.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
boosted_to_zero

i didnt think u could strengthen the standard gears, i thought u had to buy a different ones cuz they wud be made out of a different metal