Stage 1 clutch for T20SED arrive today

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mocpac

Stage 1 clutch for T20SED arrive today

Post by mocpac »

Hey people today the two B12 arrive... one for the PROJECT N & One for "La SICARIA"(junitos lanos 2.0 - working project)... This is warrrrrr
:smt030

rated at 219ft/lbs of torque and 260hp to the crank

1500lbs HD Stage I racing pressure plate
Stage I Organic Street Racing Disc
T/O bearing
Last edited by mocpac on Tue May 09, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
eljunito
Expert

Post by eljunito »

:smt112
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

looks great :D

how much?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

225.00 e/a w/ shipping

Because of the mother day and the BDay of the El Junito girfriend I have to wait until June to mount it, to go to the race park. sad, sad, sad
ImageImage
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

very interesting "daewoo tuning fans" forum, talk about simple things and every body have some thing to say and when we talk about some thing interesting about mods no one aparently care. 67 views and no coments, just efrain. Nice.

%5 of the members here want to represent the other %95 aparentlyjusnt want the daewoo emotional support. :smt012

Sad sad sad...So I think that we better keep the tunning stuff in the spanish secction. We well keep and enjoy better the 1/4 mile times, the new mods and all the tuning stuff. Also, I think that the price for the header is no an important matter to you guys and gals. any way, but by the way is 300.00 w/ shipping, but I think that you prefere to order one to korea for 1k :smt017. Keep the good stickers and wheel cover post.

Noting personal, but is true, the page is changing to a social forum instead of what it suposed to be.

Well maybe this give you more atention to the clutch... if you buy a stage 1 or stage 2 clutch they will send you a sticker of the company so you can put it in the glass of your woos.
:smt075
Last edited by mocpac on Thu May 11, 2006 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

let see you the engine grabs that clutch jeje

now you would have to get use to the new way of driving

off topic

and dont worry about not getting comments and nothing at all
i am sure you are going to enjoy it anyway
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

Very nice guys 8) ,

about the headers where can I order it in PR?

is there a shop that makes them in PR?

8)
T18SED Engine.

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

OK you are mad about not having comments for your mods. ... i sometimes don't get replys when i am in deep $hit and desparate for help on some forums as well as here and i had my share of complains too.

i also see that you went through the 2.2 and the 2.0 swap for the nubira and lanos but mostly it was in the spanish section and i don't read spanish but i appreciated the swap job anyways, i thought their would be more on the work done and performance enhancment but i didn't see any... also didn't see anything on the 2.0 swap into the lanos.

don't get too upset man... people still appreciate your efforts - though some don't read spanish - and would like to see more of it. the forum might have become a bit more social now but still the technical stuff are hot as they always were and those are the articles that i love the most.

don't let that damp your enthusiasm... keep up the good work.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

I didn't comment because I don't know much about it. :(

I'm sure it's awesome, I just wish I understood it better.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I just replaced my clutch/flywheel with one like that. wow! I love the way it grabs once I got used to it. Also you feel more intuned with the road... Kinda like when you get lower profile tires or stiffer suspension only with the drivetrain. Anyways, you'll love it.

and please dont only post in the Spanish section.. I enjoyied looking at this post when you made it but didnt have time to reply then.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

JohnnyC wrote:I didn't comment because I don't know much about it. :(

I'm sure it's awesome, I just wish I understood it better.
mocpac: you see what i mean... maybe not all people here are tuning crazy but i am sure they all learn from the people that do tune and mod. their rides. if someone got little info on car mechanics he would learn so much from what you - and other tunes - post so it is kinda a responsbility on tunes to document what they do... maybe they won't get much replies but i am sure lots of guys will learn some stuff and maybe even get intrested enough to start their own projects.

i imagen if no one ever documented their work i would probably never learned anything about cars in general and woos in particular and won't be what i am today and as a return of favour i document all what i do on my car and on other people's cars as well and when i do many people learn new stuff and get new ideas.

for me i got very little info on turboes and NOS and all that stuff... reading posts in the forced induction section adds more and more to my knowledge and i am sure one day i will hold enough info about them to start giving advices and tips but untill i can achive that level of knowledge i am just a "silen learner" as i don't want to go into a turbo installation post and say "nice tubes" or something like that and look like a geek.

the point is: posting your work is always appreciated regardless of how many replies you get and don't stop posting because of that... for me i see it as a return of favour to daewoo community that made me what i am so i am kinda obligated to share my knowledge with all of you.

MMamdouh
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

But this is exactly why I said, that I know exactly the people who will post in a reply, and that's the problem here. When I start in this forum I have %1 the knowledge that I have now, ands that is because of the forum, because I ask and look for more info. Doing so I found a coupple of good friends (people in PR and in the spanish section and some other in the general forum). So after that I ask more because I knew that the information is here. Just ask Tomn Christ or Efrain how many OM I sen to them asking diferent questions.

That's why I'm so upset. kinkyllama already make the change, and no matter if he said some thing now or not I know he post about everything. But the forum have 3 times the size that it had 1 year ago and people here aparenly don't know how to use the forum, don't care or don't want to do anything.

That's the reason why I post most of the info in the spanish section because if anyone want to know something, then everybody start to look for info about it, and that's how we learn that the tiburon 2.0 header can be used in the 2.0 or 2.2 making a simple mod, reading in the general forum, we learn that the d16 header can be used in a lanos. For example, we take out one sproker and go to different speed shops to look for a compatible sproker to use. We also find who can make a header and who can make it better and for a cheaper price. We also have plans to use hi compresion pistons from c20xe in our c20sed engine. But people, we ask, we look for, we compare and take the risk. Because we want to represent.

I'm proud, that every time people pass on the side of my car, they don't know what car it is, and then they said hey is that a daewoo? When another daewoo owner with a nubira of the same year and color of mine, stop me in the street and ask me if my car was a special edition I enjoy it. When the we go to the race park to prove our cars ir the ? of mile, and people look at us, because we are the lonely 4 or 5 daewoo that's is incredible. When A celica GT driver cry almost cry because my car made the same time that his car make that was great. Junito works for GM he is a mec. and everybody ask him why he is still wasting time making a daewoo run faster, but every time he improve the performance of his lanos, all of them have to close their mouths. Nubira2.2 touch the 15 seconds in the soutwest of the island we all enjoy it like if was our own car, we have 2 NOS projects here and a turbo coming soon. And people I have 3 stikers of daewootech.com in my car because Im proud of been part of the crew and a staff member, but also because I learn a lot here.

But most of what I learn in this forum, was from 1? year ago. Most of the new people here don't take any more risk, or ask, the only questions, or most of them are, how to fix my woo.

Now why I will put any info here if no one aparently care about it. 64 views yesterday 2 replies, 1 from the other owner of the clutch. "Be stupid for 1 more min not for the rest of your life."

*Regarding the language difference, Tom don't speak spanish, Adam don't speak spanish, and many other don't speak spanish, but even with that problem between us, they ask. Hey I don't speak a good english , Junito don't speak any, and nubira 2.2 and Jorge speak just some, etc etc but no mather that we try to.

I'm the kind of people that don't want to waste time, if you don't want to improve, learn and make a breakthru well...
ImageImage
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it is still tempting to other people man... maybe some one that wanted to fix his woo comes across such post and decides to go with an engine swap or a turbo project so you never know what effects that post makes.

i know you are frustrated but you can't let that be a reason to stop posting about your projects... personally i got lots to learn here and if every body stopped posting their projects the forum will become a chat room nothing more. personnaly i got hard time getting answers for my bad idling, lost torque, IAC issues on Zikas' car and little other issues but still i post almost every little thing i do even painting my gauge needles, sharing is the secret so please keep sharing.

i reached the same desperation some times as you did and decided to stop posting but when i calmed down i realized that keeping it going is the right decision. so many people are dropping their jaws of the 2.0 nubira owned by Zikas and i am sure they are going to be even more astonished with the turbo installed... i really enjoy the looks on their faces when they get smoked pretty badly.

i have decided to write about the 2.0 swap as i though you should all know what we did and how we did it and because i am proud of my work... after that i got lots of messages from people asking for info on some particular parts in the swap and some other asked about the added performance... we even went and raced the 1.8 MIVEC Mitsubishi Lancer with 75HP of NOS and i documented that even though the Lancer smoked us with and without the NOS.

now with the turbo installed the car is much more powerful but the person who did the job on the car - a daewootech member - didn't post or document his work... i say this is a total waist of effort and i don't like it at all. the worst thing is i didn't participate in the parts purchase or installation or even know enough about turbos to make that post let alone that i am not the one that should clam the credit for that project as i t was done by someone else but as you can see the post about the turbo is full of questions about fuel management and oily smoke... no real proof or documentation for the work done.

my point is people will end up seeing your post and might actually get involved in it... don't let the frustration make you deny us the information, we are all in the pursuit of it.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

kinkyllama wrote:I just replaced my clutch/flywheel with one like that. wow! I love the way it grabs once I got used to it. Also you feel more intuned with the road... Kinda like when you get lower profile tires or stiffer suspension only with the drivetrain. Anyways, you'll love it.
does such clutchs cause problem when launching in 1st gear in normal driving setuation? i mean just like what clarkson was complaning about when testing the EVO 8??

MMamdouh
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

is the clutch custom or clutch masters really sells them. i checked their site yesterday but did not find it. was going to reply later but guess am too late. :cry:
got drift?