Install ABS

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

nefary
Junior

Install ABS

Post by nefary »

I plan to install an ABS pumb into my 1.5 sohc lanos
I want to know how much hard is the job?
what is kind of modifications I have to do
I can get all parts needed for the job I think

Need help!
a.k.n
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it is a pain in the ass man!

you will have to get:

ABS pump
ABS control unit (not sure if it is integrated into the ECU or not)
CV joints form the ABS version
brake lines form the ABS version
not sure about the master cyl. but if it is different then you got to get it form the ABS version
does the ABS work on all 4 wheels of the lanos?? if yes then you will need the rear brakes assebly as well.

good luck trying to find someone to install and tune that setup... if i were you i won't do such mod to a safty device as the brakes.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

you know this parts avaliable in Egypt the only thing hard is the rear wheels lines.and I think it wont be hard by modifying the exist lines ( I made it for a broken tip line in my car)
all I want to know what is the parts( all of them with names & description) to buy them
you know the ABS is a very important thung in modern cars.it really avoid much much accidents. So I think it is a good upgrade for me ( including it wont cost much)
kan

Post by kan »

Installing ABS to non ABS car is very expensive upgrade. Much cheaper will be selling old one and buy new car with ABS.
Regards
kan,
Polonez Caro Plus 1.6 GLI + LPG
Daewoo Nubira 2.0 CDX combi + LPG
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

That's true... Switching a non-ABS to an ABS system is actually pretty expensive endevour. And it's not terribly easy from what I understand... You also should make sure you know someone who can do the job properly for you since changing out the entire brake system is a very big safety concern.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

JohnnyC wrote:That's true... Switching a non-ABS to an ABS system is actually pretty expensive endevour. And it's not terribly easy from what I understand... You also should make sure you know someone who can do the job properly for you since changing out the entire brake system is a very big safety concern.
+1

i recon this is job ranks second in "hard to do" after switching from automatic to manual transmission job and it ranks first in the "most dangerous mod"... i really vote against doing that man specially that people arround here not smart enough to do such mod. safely

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

Easiest way to do that is to get engine from 1.6 DOHC... ABS computer is integrated into ECU... So this is the easiest way...
mr_g, Crazy scientist
SMS Commander Car Alarm System
LaNOS Sport 2.0 16V 136WHP, c20xe inside
http://www.daewoo-hr.com