Lacetti Clutch Slave Cylinder

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

wylie34

Lacetti Clutch Slave Cylinder

Post by wylie34 »

Hello to all the fellow Daewoo Drivers.

I have got a problem with my Lacetti (2003 model). The car is losing brake fluid on a daily basis. I have checked the brake master cylinder, the clutch master cylinder all the brake lines and cannot find the leak.

this leads me to believe it is the Clutch slave cylinder that is internal to the gear box.

Now my problem is that Holden here in Australia don't have the part that i am looking for, nor will they give me the part number so i can search overseas. They have quoted me $400 just for the part that i require..

Does anyone know where i can get the part from O/S to Australia? Does anyone know the part number?

2003 Daewoo Lacetti
Manual
Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Jason
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: Lacetti Clutch Slave Cylinder

Post by gse_turbo »

that gearbox should be a D20 or D16 which would put the slave OUTside.

here is a link to the ebay.com with the the part you should need
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories

have a look at the gearbox, close to the radiatior and see if yours is like this. there are some that came with an internal slave but i don't think any of them came in the Daewoos

Garrett
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

gse_turbo wrote:that gearbox should be a D20 or D16 which would put the slave OUTside.

here is a link to the ebay.com with the the part you should need
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories

have a look at the gearbox, close to the radiatior and see if yours is like this. there are some that came with an internal slave but i don't think any of them came in the Daewoos

Garrett
D20 or D16 is found in Nubira, Lanos, Leganza, 1.5i, Cielo in Australia BTW
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
wylie34

Post by wylie34 »

The clutch slave cylinder is inside the gearbox. Confirmed this with Holden.

Also i found a thread on the in the suzuki performance thread which had a photo of the forenza (lacetti) slave cylinder inside the gearbox.

Cheers
Jason
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

wylie34 wrote:The clutch slave cylinder is inside the gearbox. Confirmed this with Holden.

Also i found a thread on the in the suzuki performance thread which had a photo of the forenza (lacetti) slave cylinder inside the gearbox.

Cheers
Jason
Maybe a place to start here: http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/96286828.html ?
Double check compatibility.
Nubira 2004.JPG
Edit: for information only as they don't send outside France: http://www.oscaro.com/dispositif-de-deb ... 45149-47-p .
Last edited by Daniel on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

my mechanic did manage to convert an internal slave piston layout to an external piston layout on an optra... it makes servicing the slave piston less complicated

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

what is in the lacetti? F17?
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Yes that sounds like an slave cylinder leak..... I'm in the same situation right now, waiting on a new slave from the UK. I have the F28 6spd trans converted to use the same hydraulic release system as the D20.

Heres a picture of when my slave died back when I had the D20 5spd transmission. Is this how yours looks?

All the clutch fluid leaked out into the bellhousing
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Nemasys
Junior

Post by Nemasys »

Is an internal slave stronger then an external one?

Reason im asking is because i bought exist3nce's old 6 puck ceramic clutch and pressure plate so i could use it in my car, I dont know how strong the pressure plate was, but my external slave on my aveo was not strong enuf to push the pressure plate fully open, so i had to use my stock pressure plate with the ceramic clutch, it works and handles more power then stock clutch but im sure its close to its limits already.

I think Garrett has 1500 lbs pressure plates, my stock one seems to be 800 or 1000 lbs i think, would my slave be able to open a 1500 lbs plate well or would i have problems again?
2004 Aveo Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged
- T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
- HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
- FMIC with 2.5" piping
- Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57
wylie34

Post by wylie34 »

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes it was the slave cylinder. managed to find a Brake and clutch place that was interested in sourcing a part for me. Aftermarket part, $145. Found this guy at 9am and he had the part by 1om the same day.. "Penrith Brake and Clutch" in Penrith NSW.

Took me about 6 hours to complete the replacement. What a mongrel of a job. But i have clutch pressure and no leaks.

The o-ring was split and the rubber boot was torn apart.

thanks for the advice. Truly an awesome forum
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

wylie34 wrote:Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes it was the slave cylinder. managed to find a Brake and clutch place that was interested in sourcing a part for me. Aftermarket part, $145. Found this guy at 9am and he had the part by 1om the same day.. "Penrith Brake and Clutch" in Penrith NSW.

Took me about 6 hours to complete the replacement. What a mongrel of a job. But i have clutch pressure and no leaks.

The o-ring was split and the rubber boot was torn apart.

thanks for the advice. Truly an awesome forum

Thanks for return.
Can you post the P/N for the slave cylinder?