Front Wheel Bearing

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

rnrbno

Front Wheel Bearing

Post by rnrbno »

Just got a quote from my mechanic, $400.00 to replace the front wheel bearings! Why so much!
buddha102
Expert

Re: Front Wheel Bearing

Post by buddha102 »

Why soo much? Cause its a Daewoo.... no1 fucks with woos so thats why its soo high...

you can get a wheel bearing packed all ready for 100$ (i think) or get urself wheel bearing for 60$ and let a machine shop pack it for you... me and my dad did it on my lanos and we dint use any machines to pack it in.... so its possible to do it by urself also ;)
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

If you want to save money, remove the strut assembly yourself and bring it like that to your mechanic. Most of the price on the bearing replacement comes from time to actually get the hub out. Hope this helps.

Post by MMamdouh »

GsiTurbo wrote:If you want to save money, remove the strut assembly yourself and bring it like that to your mechanic. Most of the price on the bearing replacement comes from time to actually get the hub out. Hope this helps.
+1

the above quote is very very expensive... do the removal process yourself and go to a shop that can press in/out the bearing from the strut then put every ting back on

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267