Brakes upgrade for Mr. Elhamy

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Brakes upgrade for Mr. Elhamy

Post by MMamdouh »

Hi guys

last week my good friend Elhamy decided to go for a brake upgrade on his 1.5 SOHC lanos... you all know that we suffer of very week performance from the OEM setup on the 1.5 cars

Elhamy tried to get Aveo calipers and brackets as they seemed to be in a very good condition compared to the available 1.6 lanos and Espero calipers... he was right on one parts... the calipers were almost as good as new... but he was wrong on the compatibility side as it turned out that the Aveo caliper's bracket is not matching the one on the 1.6 Lanos... it is similar to the one on a Nubira

we got ourselves 2 Espero brackets to fit the car and the calipers and they were a match... strangely the calipers had the O ring style brake line fitment yet the square end brake line fitted with no problems... if you go back to my brake upgrade you will see that this was a problem for me... them daewoos are strange. Since Elhamy got nice 15" rims we decided to paint the calipers and brackets in sexy red

we got brembo rotors, Gold brake pads and metelli master cylinder... we are in the break in phase and will update you with the feedback on the braking experience

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267