equal length drive shafts

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

greenbluewoo
Expert

equal length drive shafts

Post by greenbluewoo »

I was just wondering if theres any opel drive shafts that are equal length that would fit the lanos oh yeah and I will be buying an f28 soon and I wont to know if the lanos transmission mounts would fit the f28 or is there any mounts that would or would they have to be custom
2.0 engine swap in the works
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

In order for the driveshafts to be equal length, the driveshaft mount on the transmission (don't know the technical name) must be equidistant from each tire. Which, in the Lanos, it isn't. I know the MINI uses this setup, and that makes it one of the best handling FWD cars out there.

You can get around torque steer by getting an LSD. Kinky and I might be doing a group buy sometime in the next year for the Quaife LSD, so let us know if you're interested.
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

heres a pic from a c20let
2.0 engine swap in the works
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

the opel calibra turbo came with equal lenght shafts they can be used on astras, so should be swappable to a lanos
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
ant0ny

Post by ant0ny »

Efrain A. wrote:the opel calibra turbo came with equal lenght shafts they can be used on astras, so should be swappable to a lanos
Also the Opel Calibra with the C20XE front wheel drive I know for sure... maybe the 8v motor model has equal length shafts as well.

The only thing you will have to check is the outer CV actually fits the strut. some of the early Daewoos had smaller CVs. If the Lanos is a 2.0ltre it shoud fit perfect... if it is smaller you will have to change the outer CV from your Lanos onto the Calibra shafts.

The Calibra safts will fit any F16/D16, F20/D20 and F28