tcs

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Some of the Town cars (ford) have a button in the glove box that says TCS OFF try and look for one in your glove box
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Doesn't exist. Just looked. remember we have daewoo that kind of switch costs money.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Both use the same fuses....they are integrated into the same control module (called EBCM ) so you have two options

(ABS & TCS) or Nothing

You could put in a switch to disable them but it would be only good in a drag race situation since removing the ABS will reduce the ability of the car to control braking traction (which is not so good for corners)
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Slammed wrote:Some of the Town cars (ford) have a button in the glove box that says TCS OFF try and look for one in your glove box
I used to have a Ford Contour... it did have a TCS off button to the left of the steering wheel, I found the button after 1 year of having the car. Also, that was the reason I blew my engine (spinning out in first all the way up till redlining)..................... so.... I wouldn't recommend turning that thing off, besides you do get a better acceleration when TCS is ON (at least on fast cars like my Contour 170hp stock).
Without TCS I managed to spin tires all though 1st gear and 1/2 of the 2nd gear, and a tiny bit in 3rd....

Damn... now I wanna buy another Contour (mine wasn't an SVT either). SVT's are even sicker for stock cars...
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

do the 98 leganza sx auto's have traction control??the reason i ask is that the tcs light never comes on but in the rain if i intentionlly get it spinning through 1st and 2nd the abs light comes on for the next half hour or so
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

I would read the manual. Most likely if one does not come on it doesn't exist. Look at your fuse boxes. if there is a fuse you do have it.