What type of clutch

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jorge
Expert

What type of clutch

Post by jorge »

I have a 1.5 std. lanos and I want to change the clutch, presure plate... For what car is better to fit and function best in the 1.5??? From lanos 1.6???or factory one??? :?:
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

factory one is Valeo... it is a good brand.

1.6 clutch won't fit

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

The only way to fit is changing the flywheel.... But work good or no?
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

no idea... never tried it.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

Hi I bought this flywheel. Looking for a performance clutch to work with bcos my original clutch is 8.5inch (outer diameter I measured). Its 8 1/2 X 7/8 X 24 spline. Any one know what the 7/8 stands for?

ebay item number 220187254446

My engine is a F14D3 engine (1.4DOHC with 73.4mm stroke) which the engine manual can be found here. Think its D16 gearbox.

http://chevy.mrmax.dp.ua/EN/documents/K ... kalos.html

I am using Lanos crankshaft with 81.5mm stroke. Its the same crankshaft as aveo1.6 also. Any suitable clutch to reccomend? Uts bolted to the crankshaft with 6 bolts and bolted to clutch cover with another 6 bolts.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

xiaogary wrote:Hi I bought this flywheel. Looking for a performance clutch to work with bcos my original clutch is 8.5inch (outer diameter I measured). Its 8 1/2 X 7/8 X 24 spline. Any one know what the 7/8 stands for?

ebay item number 220187254446

My engine is a F14D3 engine (1.4DOHC with 73.4mm stroke) which the engine manual can be found here. Think its D16 gearbox.

http://chevy.mrmax.dp.ua/EN/documents/K ... kalos.html

I am using Lanos crankshaft with 81.5mm stroke. Its the same crankshaft as aveo1.6 also. Any suitable clutch to reccomend? Uts bolted to the crankshaft with 6 bolts and bolted to clutch cover with another 6 bolts.
I've been working on having custom clutch kits made for me and It's been a bit of a headache.

pressure plates... ALL of the 6-bolt flywheels will bolt up to the 6-bolt cranks and that is fine. ALL of the 6-bolt clutch covers will bolt up to each other but there is several different "step" depths. the two most common are the .08" (usually called flat but not truly flat) and the .787" (like the dish in the LET's, the 1.8 Astra, and the 8.5" OE in the Lanos.

clutch disc... there is several sizes used depending on the tranny you have the most common is the 8 1/2"(diameter) 3/4"x24 input shaft and the 8" 13/16"24 input shaft. there is also a 7 7/8" disc and 1" 14 spline input but this one is a Muncie tranny usually found in the Cavalier and Sunbird. there are quite a few that aer interchange able but you have to know how big the sep is in you flywheel and the plate load you are after for the pressure plate.

xiaogary, for the flywheel you bought, you will need a Tilton 7.25" clutch pack for a water cooled VW or Audi

Garrett