How much Transaxle fluid for 1.5 SOHC Cielo 97?

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

frplymstr

How much Transaxle fluid for 1.5 SOHC Cielo 97?

Post by frplymstr »

Hi All,

I have just replaced both left & right transaxles on my Cielo. While I was under there I removed the transaxle pan to see if there was any metal files floating around & so I could replace the fluid.
After I replaced the transaxles, I started to fill the Diff via the fluid plug situated just above the drivers side transaxle. The manual said it should take 1.9 liters of fluid before it starts to over flow from the same hole. I would have been lucky to get 1 liter in before it started to leak out of the filler hole.
Have I picked the incorrect hole to fill from? Is the Lanos manual that I am using a huge difference from the 1.5 SOHC Cielo?
Any help would be great as I drive to work every day around 60k & I don't want to risk damaging the Diff!

97 Cielo, 1.5 SOHC, 5 speed manual

Cheers in advance!
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

That sounds about right. After removing my F20 gearbox in the Kadett GSI, and shortly after D16 from my Lanos, both gearboxes took about 1l of oil before overflowing via the side plug. You are good to go ;)

Post by Pir0 »

You can't really pick the wrong hole to fill it from just thinking about it, unless you pick the drain at the bottom of the gearbox :lol:

If you fill it from the fill plug at the topside of the gearbox you can fill it up too much, if you fill it from the level plug it'll only fill up to the level it's supposed to be at so don't worry aout it, you've done it spot on by the sound of it ;)

Those Cielo f16 gearboxs are somewhat desired over here by vauxhall boys because of their short ratios
SAZ
---------------------
frplymstr

Post by frplymstr »

Thanks for the mind ease guys!
Every time I work on the car I wonder if I have done the job right as I have 2 small kids & I don't want anything to go wrong! Typical parent mind set I think!