ABS/ driveshaft

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

carpetbagger

ABS/ driveshaft

Post by carpetbagger »

leganza 2001: hi have a problem with abs, its very simple ;) the geared ring on the front driveshaft has broken off, so now the abs light stays on. question can one buy this ring or do i have to buy a full driveshaft? (it would be a pity to scrap a fully servicable drive shaft).
i am aware that the abs and traction control will not function on that wheel until this is fixed.

for your information the split in this ring was causing a very annoying low level click at very low speeds(less that 20 mph)and apeered to be aprox every second rotation of the drive wheel, i did think this was caused by a brindelled bearing in the diff but when the ring was removed the click went with it. just in case any was having a similar experence..
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

as i know about the ABS, when any wheel have a problem, the whole ABS system stop working at all for the rest of wheels. cuz it cant anti lock three wheels and let only one wheel lock, this causes more troubles..so when the ABS lamp light on, this means the whole system stopped working for some reason or some faulty in the system in one or more wheel.
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I think you need new drive shafts.

ABS gears aren't serviceable parts.

You can get new drive shafts anywhere, all Leganzas came with ABS as far as I know.