ordered new rotors

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PoTsUrFrIeNd

ordered new rotors

Post by PoTsUrFrIeNd »

I ordered drilled and slotted rotors for my aveo to replace the warped stock ones that are on now. my question is this, I tried to remove those little pesky screws a while back that hold the rotor in place and stripped out the head of the screw. I believe that I can remove it but I want to know if I can just leave them off completely in the reinstallation. they do not really do anything except keep the rotor from falling off when the wheel is removed. they are too small to withstand any braking force or any other power from the car and the lugs are a tight fit to keep the rotors aligned. can I just leave them off?
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

I would say why not? But place the hole's rotor intended for this screw to the place it sould come. This screw is really helpfull when the wheel is maintained by screws instead of nuts.
Clean the hub Image

to avoid lateral runout Image

Daniel
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

You can just leave it out. I had the head of one break off when I was changing my CV joints, and I haven't noticed any problems. Just be sure to check that the bolts that hold the wheel on are tight so you don't get any wobble.