vibration in brakes

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

orangelmo

vibration in brakes

Post by orangelmo »

Hey everyone, me again. I just had another question. When i hit the brakes I can feel this vibration in the peddles, something SIMILLAR to ABS but not exactly the same. I don't know exactlty how else to explain it. It seems to only happen over about 60kmph/50mph. Had some new pads put in not to long ago. But before that, my car was out of comission for a while (no insurance). Do you guys think its something I should worry about or is it something that will go away in time? It was sitting in the driveway throughout the winter. TIA.

James
Tickle me?! Dont even try it...
scourge
Junior

Post by scourge »

May be a gash in one or more of your rotors. Thats what is wrong with my truck right now.
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

prolly you brake discs if ya ask me.... does your steering wheel also move a bit when ya brake?

Check if they aint rusted to much (considering it wasnt used alot) if ya c no rust and ya feel the peddel vibrate and you steering wheel a bit aswell... ask some dealer but your brake discs are prolly (errr how do i say this in english) bent? You wont c it with your eyes but vibrating peddel/wheel and car stopping in small shocks when presssing the pedel very light are the symtems for that.

hope i could help :wink:
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

It's probably warped rotors. They typically do this.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

... warped? as in a vapor lock or what do you mean?.... prolly use a other word for warped in belgium so what does it mean? :p

considering ya said typical i really wanna know now :p (cuase apart from bad brake discs we dont c much trouble in belgium)
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

warped = over heated and bent alittle
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

ah lmao... so what i meant to say... gotta remember that lmao

thx :)
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Rotors can be bent (warped) if a service shop uses an air wrech to put the lug bolts on and they do not use a torque wrench to tighten them all correctly.
Unevenly or over tightened lug bolts will cause this problem exactly as you are describing.

You may have to replace your rotors.

Every time a wheel has to be removed, ALWAYS make sure the lugs are torqued down evenly.

Cliff