other models brakes fit?

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I just spent an hour typing all my research on what brakes I found that fit and my computer froze... i swear I almost cryied.

ahh.

09.6997.20 For the saab 9-3 and 9-5. It isnt the closest fit I've found.. but its the closest I've found that is bigger than the stock forenza rotors and are only 90$ for a stock front pair rotors only, of course i'd need calipers as the saabs is 288mm and the forenza 256mm.

The nubira had the closet fit I've found.. even closer than the vectra, although the vectra was a little different and better fit to the forenza than the Saabs are. But I dont think the nubira has a big brake kit? The lanos also looks like it'd fit well. The nubiras overall thickness is the same as the forenza, but the rotor surface is closer to the inside and the lanos is a tiny bit different overall and where the surface sits.

The vectra is a tiny bit better fit than the Saabs but I think the saab would still be a better option.

I also found brembo big brake kit upgrade for the saab 9-3. Its huge, 320mm. But its $2,746usd for the front only. Is this a joke? I thought big brake kits were like a 1000usd for front and rear! I also found a big brake kit by ATE (anyone heard of them?) but it says ABS is required but its only $1,740usd on ebay... it also looks ALOT heavyier though

Looks like i'll have to put off the big brake kit untill I get rich :roll: But thats not bad.. I think i'd be happy with saabs stock size performance rotors (still 288mm). I've found a crose slotted/drilled set of front and rear rotors on ebay for $250 with zinc plating everywhere cept the rotor surface and they look pretty nice.. but arnt a name brand. I also saw stock new calipers for the Saab for 100bux shipped which include everything need including a bleeding kit and fluids.. just without brake pads. Plus now I can go with hawk pads which I have a huge discount on so I might save money in the long run (and not go through anymore rotors). I guess ill see if I can find used front rotor and caliper to see if it fits first, then if it does I can get the 288mm rotors cross drilled/slotted, front calipers (cant find rear yet), nice brakes pads front and rear for under $500usd
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
jurupa

Post by jurupa »

Kinky would the Saab rotors fit with 16" tires? Or is that to small? Also I don't know if you know the answer to this or not, but would the Saab calipers fit on our cars besides redoing the holes? Becuase if they do then just with an all Saab brake system on the front. One more question would it make sense to upgrade the back brakes as well or leave them stock?

Also Kinky Green STuff brake pads for Saabs are in the $50 I believe unlike the $90 or so for our cars.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

jurupa wrote:Kinky would the Saab rotors fit with 16" tires? Or is that to small? Also I don't know if you know the answer to this or not, but would the Saab calipers fit on our cars besides redoing the holes? Becuase if they do then just with an all Saab brake system on the front. One more question would it make sense to upgrade the back brakes as well or leave them stock?

Also Kinky Green STuff brake pads for Saabs are in the $50 I believe unlike the $90 or so for our cars.
Yeah im sure they'd fit 16" wheels. At least mine.. my stock front rotor is 256mm.. I have nearly 60mm extra space. I could probbaly fit 300mm brakes.

Im not sure really.. I dont even know if they fit my car yet.. but if they do there is a chance cuz I compared other woos and they are still very close. The Nubira is a bit closer than the lanos.

But this is just the rotors.. I have no idea about the calipers which you would need since the Saabs stock rotors are bigger
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
jurupa

Post by jurupa »

I wait for your reseach becuase I would like the Saab brakes over aftermarket ones for a Daewoo more becuase of price and I would feel better with Saab brakes on the car. I am not saying aftermaket brakes for Daewoo's are bad its just a personally prefence thing thats all. But if the Saab brakes are to big and the Nubira ones fit then I go with the Nubira brakes then.

Also kinky would it make sense to upgrade the rear brakes if the rear Saab bakes fit as well? I know this may be overkill on the power of the brakes, but the power from the front brakes (assuming that they where Saab's) may damage the rear ones unless I am worng about this.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

jurupa wrote:
Also kinky would it make sense to upgrade the rear brakes if the rear Saab bakes fit as well? I know this may be overkill on the power of the brakes, but the power from the front brakes (assuming that they where Saab's) may damage the rear ones unless I am worng about this.
Its worth upgrading the rear brakes in my opinion. The front does 85% of the braking though so if your on a budget its no big deal

Keep in mind I have a forenza, so if the brakes fit on my car they may not fit yours
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

All the good drilled/slotted and the cheaper stock rotors on ebay Look like this:

Im affraid that with all those holes I may not be able to get the bolt pattern I need
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

whats your wheel pattern? Because when you look at those holes there alot of combinations
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

aveosam wrote:whats your wheel pattern? Because when you look at those holes there alot of combinations
4x114.3
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

kinkyllama wrote:
aveosam wrote:whats your wheel pattern? Because when you look at those holes there alot of combinations
4x114.3
Now I see why its hard to tell if they would fit lol
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

aveosam wrote:
kinkyllama wrote:
4x114.3
Now I see why its hard to tell if they would fit lol
lol yeah.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

you ought to get a list of aff the cars that have the same bolt pattern and then use that catalog to see if anything is close so you don't have to worry about drilling a buncha new holes
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Audacityracing wrote:you ought to get a list of aff the cars that have the same bolt pattern and then use that catalog to see if anything is close so you don't have to worry about drilling a buncha new holes
I already have.. the cars that i've found that are a close fit dont offer better performance brakes than I already have. Or they are in europe
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

what are the cars in question?
jurupa

Post by jurupa »

kinkyllama wrote:
jurupa wrote:
Its worth upgrading the rear brakes in my opinion. The front does 85% of the braking though so if your on a budget its no big deal

Keep in mind I have a forenza, so if the brakes fit on my car they may not fit yours
Why wouldn't the brakes fit on the Reno when it shares everything (but the body) of the Forenza. If it is true then its the first difference between the two cars that I know of becuase all of the article I have read say that they are the same except for the body.

And kinky what is worng with the car being in Europe anyway? They tend to have the better stuff anyway and our car is part European so why not keep the European blood in the car? I understand it is not cheap to ship things over but if it is less than the Brembo big brakes then why not?
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

jurupa wrote:
kinkyllama wrote:
jurupa wrote:

Why wouldn't the brakes fit on the Reno when it shares everything (but the body) of the Forenza. If it is true then its the first difference between the two cars that I know of becuase all of the article I have read say that they are the same except for the body.

And kinky what is worng with the car being in Europe anyway? They tend to have the better stuff anyway and our car is part European so why not keep the European blood in the car? I understand it is not cheap to ship things over but if it is less than the Brembo big brakes then why not?
Oh sorry.. I didnt realize it was you. I just replyied. lol. Yeah it'll work for the reno if it works for the forenza

Because its probably cheaper to drill holes than ship from Europe.. brakes are heavy. Plus im going to be having to get new pads, possibly rotors.. maybe even have calipers re-built here and there and its easyier for maintance getting them here.
Last edited by kinkyllama on Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport