clutch replacement with engine replacement

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

l_BlakBear_l

clutch replacement with engine replacement

Post by l_BlakBear_l »

so i changed out my engine cause the other one got laid to rest. they said i needed a new clutch too.. and they put it in for free, cost me 250 for the clutch.. but i dunno what they did. i noticed that the clutch when sitting in the neutral position is all the way to the right. and when i go to put it in first.. it goes straight into reverse without lifting the nob. any ideas so i can let em know.. they said somethign about a bushy underneath being a bit worn.. but when i brought it to them the shifter was just fine.. it feels like its been moved over to the right. any ideas on what it could be? also when i first start the car, and the car is in neutral and i have the clutch pushed in, and release the clutch. the car tries to move forward, as if it were in gear. they are the same people who did the clutch on my brothers car, and his does the same thing. so any ideas on what causes that to happen? think maybe the mechanic needs to go back to school on replacing clutches..
99 Daewoo lanos 4Door
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it seems they mis fit the gear box shifting linkage to the shifting stick.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
l_BlakBear_l

Post by l_BlakBear_l »

the shifting linkage.. by that i think you mean that lil bar? cost like 8 bucs from gm dealer? cause i put that on. that was my initial thought. but there is also the problem that i dont have to lift the knob at all to put the car into revernse.
99 Daewoo lanos 4Door
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

yes thats because the stick is not aligned correctly so when you move the stick a bit to the left it is already sitting in front of the reverse gear path without having to go way to the left where lifting the lock is needed... i hope i explained this in a good way.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
l_BlakBear_l

Post by l_BlakBear_l »

ahh yes i understand wat u mean now...ty
99 Daewoo lanos 4Door