Gear Shift Indicator

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Gear Shift Indicator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I found this cool gadget...its an actual working indicator informing the driver what gear you are in, and allows you to set the gearchange indicator. I think its much cooler than the rifle-scope indicators, and most importantly, it looks like the one used in the WRC vehicles.

http://www.rallypromotion.com/gearboxshift.html (in Polish)

- indicates the actual gear
- will work with any vehicle equiped with the VSS sensor (speed sensor) and electonic ignition
- installation guide for Lanos is here: http://www.rallypromotion.com/gearboxshift/lanos.pdf
- its roughly $65 CDN (250 polish zloty)

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Hehe... I DO LIKE IT :lol:

Post by darkw00 »

that looks sweet! :twisted:
show it
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I am pretty sure they would accept a group buy from daewootech.com...we just need a contact in Poland to arrange the details LOL... MAXIMUS!!! are you there somewhere??? :lol:
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hmmm......interesting..... I was thinking of how to monitor my gearing for my computer based system..... I never thought of using the VSS.... I feel stupid now.... what a simple idea.

I was going to use the Tach signal, but I was worried that the electronics might get confused and skip a gear by accident sometimes..... the VSS is a very steady signal that increases with speed so with both the VSS and Tach it would be very easy to diferenciate the gearing.

$65 CDN is about $45 to $50 USD at the moment which is pretty cheap but I'm sure I could do it way cheaper.

I'd guess it could be manufactured for roughly $30 CDN with a decent profit.....but then the distributor usually needs to make some cash so I guess $65 is about the right price.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

and another thing that Efrain brought to my attention

The Lanos on this picture has the digital dash from the Opel Kadett GSI :)

Those can be easily found on ebay UK or ebay germany...like here http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... gory=38729 and its only EURO 5.50!!

Cheers!

Post by Efratech »

for those how dont know im Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

the gear shift incdicator is the coolest thing ever since the F1 cars Shift RPM lights, i might get one, it looks Sexy
azazel19
Junior

gear shift indicator?

Post by azazel19 »

this is a neat mod i'm all about it, but the site is in polish is there a version of the site in english or maybe a different site that sells the same product with instructions in english maybe. i like this a lot and want to get it.
"mess with the best die like the rest"
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i always wanted a digital dash, i thought about getting digital gauges and replacing the stock ones, i dont know how hard it would be

but i like that one in the pic, only there is one prob, i live in USA with miles hehe

i would go insane with out miles... i would think im speeding all the time
azazel19
Junior

gear shift indicator?

Post by azazel19 »

the digital dash would be cool although the american cars i have seen with digital dash's were terrible but the european cars with digital dash's look much better. if your state required an annual inspection and you had a guage cluster that read km instead of mph they would fail you. my friend's wife is from canada and when they got married she brought her car here i believe it was a neon any way the cluster read metric and he tried to get an inspection sticker and they rejected it he checked into getting a new cluster but it was like a grand the car was a pos so they just let it sit and rot in the yard.
"mess with the best die like the rest"
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

The digi dash above can read speed in both Miles and Km, its just a matter of turning a little knob (the same knob that resets the odometer readout).

I can source a few of them, if anyone wants ;)

It will work with Lanos, as the speed sender unit goes where normally the speedometer cable goes.

Cheers!