transmission change

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

boricua76

transmission change

Post by boricua76 »

i have a automatic transmission in my 2000 lanos daewoo 4 door 1.6v dohc,, need to know if i can change it to a manual tranmission and what i have to do for that....
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

same question but mine is a 2001
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it is doable but it is a pain in the @$$.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

ok so i know i need the tranny, clutch, fly wheel, shifter linkage, clutch pedal assembly, but do i need a new computer????or any thing else? and also is ther any to do it with out the hydrolic clutch assembly (im new to all this so im pretty sure its hydrollic....right?)
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

No, the automatic transmission computer works with the manual transmission but not the other way around. It is a hyrdaulic clutch system.

Trust me, it is nowhere near worth it to do the swap. It would cost you something like $1000-$2000 (probabally more). You would be better off either trading your car to someone who wants a auto Lanos or just selling yours and buying a manual.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

!!!!!!!!!!! that sux i would like to find a car that was readended and just grab all th parts from that but i cant find 1 by me
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

daewoomofo wrote:ok so i know i need the tranny, clutch, fly wheel, shifter linkage, clutch pedal assembly, but do i need a new computer????or any thing else? and also is ther any to do it with out the hydrolic clutch assembly (im new to all this so im pretty sure its hydrollic....right?)
yeah you will need the clutch master cyl. and its piping along with new brakes reservoir as the one with the manual tranny got an extra port to feed the clutch master cyl.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well then does any one want an auto lanos????? if not im gonna look for a parts car