Quaife LSD

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Chip

Quaife LSD

Post by Chip »

Hello all you Forenza/Reno owners,

I was talking to Quaife USA today and they would like to know if there is interest from the Forenza/Reno crowd for limited slip diffs. If so, email and let them know. If they get enough requests that they believe it will be beneficial for them to manufacture a batch, they will consider it. You can drop them a line at info@quaifeamerica.com. Thanks guys...

-Chip
Chip Doeden
Boshart Motorsports
www.b-moto.com
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Kinky will surely be interested in this...
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Chip,

They already have one for Reno's D20 gearbox. Part number is QDF2B. Give me a shout if you have questions

Tom

Post by kinkyllama »

360 Dynamics wrote:Chip,

They already have one for Reno's D20 gearbox. Part number is QDF2B. Give me a shout if you have questions

Tom
Yeah i was gonna say...

but the problem is its CRAZY expensive.. and im not willing to spend that much money on one. At least the price Chris was qouted some time ago
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Chip

Post by Chip »

Hey thanks guys! I'll look into this a little further tomorrow and see why it is so expensive...

-Chip
Chip Doeden
Boshart Motorsports
www.b-moto.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I moved this into the tranny area where it should be.

Yup.... I'm still interested in the Quaife LSD... I tried to get some people interested but there was very little response unfortunatly.

There aren't a whole pile of "very serious" people with cash to spend so sometimes there are issues with getting things to work.

Quaife quoted me $1100 for one LSD and a reduction in price based upon a group buy.

I was the one that brought the daewoo compatibility to the Quaife Engineers in the first place.... I talked to a couple of guys about how the Daewoo's are build on Opel Chassis with Opel engines and Opel transmissions.

They seemed very excited at the time but I couldn't find any interest so it hasn't been brought up since.

If you go onto the Quaife UK site there are all kinds of cool stuff to fit the D20/F20 and D16/F16 transmissions...... here is the start ... http://www.quaife.co.uk/catalogue/page66.htm

I'd love to pick up a 6spd Dog engagement kits for fooling around in with my D20 but the price is a little more than I want to pay.

I was also interested in the gear lever and turret assembly from page 68

If I'm going to pay that much I think I'd be just as well to pick up a race prepared F28 tranny.

Here is a site you might also like.... http://www.gearboxman.co.uk/

These guys are very knowledgeable with respect to the type of racing you are doing..... and their prices aren't too bad either.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

kinkyllama wrote: Yeah i was gonna say...

but the problem is its CRAZY expensive.. and im not willing to spend that much money on one. At least the price Chris was qouted some time ago
I bet a quaife LSD would reduce your lap times by a very significant margin..... you will be able to apply power in areas of the track that seemed impossible with your stock setup.

Think about it..... instead of most of your traction being generated by one tire you would bias between two tires.

The result is that you can power out of corners without fear of loosing your grip.

I still don't think $1100 is all that much for what you gain....... hell.... I bet it would help with your tire wear and pay for itself within a year or two.

If your going with a turbo I would highly suggest an LSD..... and quaife is the best (in my opinion)

So.... do you want to switch from 1WD to 2WD ????
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

Erfinder@PrecisionBoost wrote:
kinkyllama wrote: Yeah i was gonna say...

I bet a quaife LSD would reduce your lap times by a very significant margin..... you will be able to apply power in areas of the track that seemed impossible with your stock setup.

Think about it..... instead of most of your traction being generated by one tire you would bias between two tires.

The result is that you can power out of corners without fear of loosing your grip.

I still don't think $1100 is all that much for what you gain....... hell.... I bet it would help with your tire wear and pay for itself within a year or two.

If your going with a turbo I would highly suggest an LSD..... and quaife is the best (in my opinion)

So.... do you want to switch from 1WD to 2WD ????
Might even help kinky's brake problem too.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Im sure it would help alot.. but at this point i wouldnt be able to tell at all cuz the suspensions so soft.. once i get that addressed.. turbo on. We'll see.. but i still want a damn motorcycle. lol

Im intrested thats for sure. But even if i decided to buy one before my bike it would still be a couple months
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
jonlint

Post by jonlint »

I have a Nissan Sentra Spec-V which has basically a Quaife type diff, and it is nice and progressive, but in our Mk3 Astra GSi rally car (which had a F20 box) we used a Tran-x diff from England. Gripper make a similar diff. It is clutch type and in my opinion is better suited to out and out racing and traction. My Sentra doesnt really lock like the Tran-X diff did.

Links to Gripper and Tran-X:

www.tran-x.com
http://www.racecar.co.uk/gripper/

Also, the Tran-X is interchangeable from the F16 to the F20 - we had it in both.

Hope this is usefuel.
Kickastra Co-driver
1992 Vauxhall Astra GSi, rally car based in Barbados
230BHP, 6-speed sequential
Visit rallyman.com
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

How much?
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
jonlint

Post by jonlint »

The Tran-X is 560 pounds:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ ... =TNXLSDFSE

Gripper is the same price:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ ... ode=DRE011

... plus shipping. Look under Opel or Vauxhall and then F16/F20.

Jonathan Linton
Kickastra Co-driver
1992 Vauxhall Astra GSi, rally car based in Barbados
230BHP, 6-speed sequential
Visit rallyman.com