does anyone have this prob. with the revs?

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

my new aveo does the same thing, even with a CAI and free flowing exhaust(cat back) I don't know, it sucks though, it's like something is holding it up
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

is the aveo in US the 1.4 16V? or a 1.4 8V? or even a 1.2 8V? we got those engines here dno wich you have... All lanos/aveo 8V have a really low responce time if ya ask me... even 16V have a low one... still wondering where this comes from..... im thinking the emisions crap installed on teh car... and maybe the throttle body has some delay in it? not sure cuase i never found a good big bore one :s
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

wolf-spirit - if you were talking to me just then, I live in the UK and as I say, I dont know what valve it is...I like it at about 90mph (180-190kmh) down country roads...scares the hell out of my mates, or maybe its just my driving, lol.
like the lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

throttle delay in lanos se

Post by Audacity Racing »

i own a 99 lanos se and have eliminated the throttle delay issue. the problem can be traced to the HORRIBLE grounding system of the lanos. notice if you will, that if your stereo hits rather hard, that your engine will drop in revs or your headlights will dim. this is due to bad grounding issues... the electricity has to run through the engine block (causing the ecu to drop revs). buy an aftermarket grounding kit (off ebay or something... any universal will do) and you can feel the difference. now, obviously, this doesn't totally remove the delay, but it helps dramatically. if you want to get rid of the lag altogether... find a carb (though the variable length throttle-body on the lanos is actually quite nifty). try this for a definite change in the engine revs... oddly enough.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

lanosguy wrote:wolf-spirit - if you were talking to me just then, I live in the UK and as I say, I dont know what valve it is...I like it at about 90mph (180-190kmh) down country roads...scares the hell out of my mates, or maybe its just my driving, lol.
*Correction* 90mph = 145kmh ;)
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

Audacityracing - thanks for that advice, i will see what happens

AcingTeam - lol, thanks ;)
like the lanos