Clutch and front brakes

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

pedronicus

Clutch and front brakes

Post by pedronicus »

Hey guys, I put new pads in the front of the lanos a couple days ago and bled the system, boy did it need it omg the fluid was freaking filthy.. great brakes now.. however i thaught while i was at it i would bleed the clutch as well purging any nasty fluid from that system as well... ok so i had the missus in the car pumping the clutch pedal .. she held it the fluid drained out and the clutch pedal stuck on the floor i have run into this before with the torana so i told her to pull it out as she did.. it happend a couple more times then the fluid was clean. clutch felt ok.. i started the car no clutch? nothing. pumped the pedal got clutch.. is that the trow out getting caught on the spline or ? what? it has clutch now but i am thinking maybe i should bleed it again to make sure.. can i lube anything to help it at the pedal? and yeah i made sure thier was plenty of fluid in the resevouir..

any ideas?
benzino
Expert

Re: Clutch and front brakes

Post by benzino »

it's probably just an air lock in the pipe

i've had it happen a few times
try parking it on a hill with the engine pointing down and pump the pedal and see if it firms up
mine did after doing this
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
pedronicus

Post by pedronicus »

thanks benzino i will have to try find a hill and check that out ... not many hills round here where i am in cairns.. lol
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

or even just jack up the back...
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~