Can i swap a 2.0/2.2 engine into my Daewoo Lanos?

Here you will find general facts about Daewoo Vehicles

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Dizt

Im in love!

Post by Dizt »

Doods, doods, doods!

I bought a nice Lanos, My first and life waited manual trans car (sniff).... I LOVE IT!!!
See, Im a noob at tuning and stuff... So im looking for some pointers. Please!
Where should I start? Intake?, exhaust? where?

ps: Puerto Rico no te desanimes!!! olvidate de carrito... pa lante!
woodae
Super

C20GET

Post by woodae »

ok people are saying that this engine swap is a way to go. I have seen a sunbird for sale for 500 bucks. Is there any hard things about this swap. I have completed a grand am with a 3.1 v6 swap. so think i can manage this swap. I have an automatic lanos. So i would need all of the lanos linkages and stuff. but will the 5 speed tanny bolt up to mine. Please help has anyone actually done the swap. Any pics. Lots of people telling me to do the swap but no proof. I am going to look at the tranny and mounts better next time i go to see it but any help here is appreciated
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

the first C20GET swap

Post by gse_turbo »

you need to PM Tom aka 360dynamics aka gsiturbo. he was the fist to do the swap back in in 2001 sometime. at least he was the first to post anything of it. yes it was in a lemans/ optima but the lanos and the lemans are nearly identical. i've even known people who've mounted the 2,0 to the 1,6 tranny. if you get this motor i have there are a number of things we can do to get it installed. if you need the wiring, there are six nonturbo 2,0 SOHC motors herein town.
Garrett
wolfhound
Junior

Post by wolfhound »

Just to Clarify the Super boss bit.

The Super Boss (Or Supie as we nicnamed it in SA) was developed by GM SA to compete on the track against the new 325is 3 series BM (2.7lt) it was a 125kw naturally aspirated Mk2 Kadett with the XE using special Shrick cams.

The TS was available in Kadett and Astra Mk3 guise (Hatch and Sedan) the first lot made 160kw, of Turbo Claibra power with the LS diff trying to control the front wheels, later in their life GM downgraded then to 150kw with a bit more torque.

My good mate Richard has one that he changed the intercooler on (Its on my Lanos now) and upgraded the exhaust and makes 174kW at the fly.

Séan ----- in South Africa.
Séan Brennan
1600 DOHC 16v
Turbo TD04
Wiseco Pistons
ex - 17" TSW Freeze
Yokohama Parado 205/40s
NOW = 18" TSW Terra's
Pirelli 215/35 P Zero Nero tyres
justasaba

Post by justasaba »

i don`t understand one thing,what about engine computer?did i mist something?