Aftermarket Stand alone ECU: VEMS and C20XE

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mr_g
Expert

Aftermarket Stand alone ECU: VEMS and C20XE

Post by mr_g »

Has anyone here used VEMS?

I think I will try out VEMS V3.3 on mine... 8)
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

what its VEMS?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Not familiar with VEMS.... do you have a website link?
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Very nice...... I'm so use to seeing megasquirt everywhere I rarely look around for any other open source systems.

I have to say that I'm impressed with the features and specifications.... I think you would do well with one of these.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Yes. I was thinking MS, but MS doesn't have full EFI sequence... It sprays like 2+2... Also I want SAECU to controll bifuel (both fuel and LPG)... Wasted spark or 4 coils, PWM controlling nitrous, PWM idle valve, launch controll, flat gear shifting, etc...

MS uses shitty motorolla microprocessor, but VEMS uses AVR-ATmega128... As I'm familiar to AVR, I could be involved in to development team, as I'm using AVR for my (my design) car alarms (SMS Commander)...
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The original megasquirt proecessor was horrible... now they have a Megasquirt 2 that has a much better design.... but it's still not as good as it could be.

I still think the VEMS is better... but it's also more money so for some people that might be a consideration.

Eventually once I get set up I'm going to be getting into engine management systems, but my plan is to use multiple microprocessors in parallel to process info more efficently.

The main goal is to have the vehicle tune itself to produce the ideal maps.... that means using acclerometers to measure acceleration as well as a pile of other sensors.

For example.... nobody takes humidity into concideration when tuning a car.... when humidity can drasticly change the mass of the air.... and humidity also affects how the air absorbs heat as it moves through the system.

Other things I'm interested in is using bluetooth or some other low power RF interface to allow certain sensors to be wireless.

When the management wants to query the sensor the sensor will burst all stored data or just the real time data depending on the sensor type.

What I really want to do is have a system that sits behind the management system and analyses data after events have occured.

Then that analysis system makes changes to the management system to optimise fuel and spark delivery the next time those conditions arrise.

Anywyays......... I'm getting off topic..... and I have to go grab lunch
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Bluetooth sensors! I like the sound of that....... less wiring mess.

I would like to see some sort of tuning system that takes humidity into account. Just from my own car, I know when you add humidity to a hot summer day the car feels like crap - very sluggish, slow spooling and sometimes simply less boost. I know some of these things are inescapable, but it would be nice if the management system could say add a few degrees of timing and a pound or two of boost to compensate for the lost power.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Some of the sensors may be powered by thermoelectric generators.... they will use a thermoelectric junction to trickle charge an internal rechargeable battery.... that way there is no power, you simply attach the sensor and it creates it's own power from the heat generated by the motor.

I have only fooled around with it a little bit.... but I haven't worked out which sensors can use it and which can't
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

MS can't do full sequential injection, so that is the main reason I'm going VEMS... And also VEMS is AVR based... :D