1.6 16V pistons

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

xstevex

1.6 16V pistons

Post by xstevex »

Hey
I was wondering if anyone knows if there are 10.5:1 compression pistons for the 1.6L 16V engine? Or if another car has them. I believe the Vauxhall Corsa has the 10.5:1 compression, and will work with my engine.

thanks
xstevex

Post by xstevex »

bump
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I belive the Corsa pistons should work just fine..... where do you live???

You can get high compression pistons from a number of sources, it's just a matter of where your located and how much money you want to spend.

take a look at the post I made about SBD's naturally aspirated 1.6L making 241 BHP....... http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9474

They have all kinds of parts including high compression pistons for the 1.6L
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
xstevex

Post by xstevex »

I'm from Michigan.

Wow thats a lot of stuff right there!

Those taper throttle kits new to me. I havent even heard of them before :?

could you explain to me what they are and what they do (simple/quick if you want, you dont have to get too technicall)
are there any negative effects to getting the kit?

I also saw the pistons and cams on that price list, how do know which ones to get and the power increases?

(I found a company off ebay.co.uk that will sell me the corsa pistons for about $50.00USD each, and also has the rings and gaskets to go with them... The rings and gaskets are the same as the aveo ones so i can just get them hear or should i get "corsa" ones?)

Also the internals on the 1.6V is like 160hp right, and the transmission can handle roughly 160 ft. lbs. of torque right? so If i get that taper throttle kit am i going to need to get like forged internals and stuff too? Where would i get that stuff if i need too?

Thanks!
wolfhound
Junior

Post by wolfhound »

Import performance parts do both high compression, low compression and friken high compression (flat top) forged pistons for the Woo.

Here are the high compression ones compared to the normal Daewoo ones

and here are the Turbo ones

Séan
Séan Brennan
1600 DOHC 16v
Turbo TD04
Wiseco Pistons
ex - 17" TSW Freeze
Yokohama Parado 205/40s
NOW = 18" TSW Terra's
Pirelli 215/35 P Zero Nero tyres
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

xstevex wrote:I'm from Michigan.

Wow thats a lot of stuff right there!

Those taper throttle kits new to me. I havent even heard of them before :?

could you explain to me what they are and what they do (simple/quick if you want, you dont have to get too technicall)
are there any negative effects to getting the kit?

I also saw the pistons and cams on that price list, how do know which ones to get and the power increases?

(I found a company off ebay.co.uk that will sell me the corsa pistons for about $50.00USD each, and also has the rings and gaskets to go with them... The rings and gaskets are the same as the aveo ones so i can just get them hear or should i get "corsa" ones?)

Also the internals on the 1.6V is like 160hp right, and the transmission can handle roughly 160 ft. lbs. of torque right? so If i get that taper throttle kit am i going to need to get like forged internals and stuff too? Where would i get that stuff if i need too?

Thanks!
If your in the USA then you should go to IPP for Wiseco pistons.... the shipping from the UK is usually expensive and the Wiseco pistons are great.

The individual velocity stacks will decrease intake resistance and make the throttle response very very quick.

Keep in mind that the reason they make so much power is that they've upgraded the cylinder head to be able to push past 10,000 RPM.... your stock components won't come anywhere close to that.

Given that the force on the connecting rod, crankshaft increases with the square of the velocity increasing the RPM from 6000 to 10,000 is a huge jump..... so yes.... if you wanted to go all out then you would need upgraded internals.

If your simply looking for 160hp then you shouldn't need to upgrade anything.... you could probably do it with a decent set of cams, a better intake and some cylinder head work.

It won't be cheap unless you can work on the engine yourself.

If your budget is small then the turbo option is the best option.... manifolds can be bought for a few hundred, a decent used T25 for a few hundred and about $1000 worth of electronics and fuel management components.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

where at in michigan are you? im just out side of detroit

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
xstevex

Post by xstevex »

Im from Muskegon (West side of the state).

I believe I'm going to get the corsa pistons from the guy i emailed through ebay.co.uk
$50 a piston isnt too bad i dont think, shipping is probably going to be high but ill find out probably tomorrow.

And just to be clear on the SBD Motorsport website... All the 1.6 16V Vauxhall parts will work with the aveo engine?
I was looking at the Exhaust Manifolds (EX-M-COR-COMP Corsa 1.4/1.6 16V) and the Cams (CM16V1.6-H284).

The exhaust manifold, cams, and the pistons will be good together right? (I already have CAI, and Flex pipe-back exhaust)

Are there any internals I should be replacing while I'm doing the piston and cam work, besides replacing any parts that look worn?

Thanks guys!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i have a uncle that lives in muskegon. sucks your so far away.

xstevex

Post by xstevex »

daewoomofo wrote:i have a uncle that lives in muskegon. sucks your so far away.
muskegon isnt too fun as it is, not much to do.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

detroit isnt much better. at least you dont have to worry about (as) crappy neighborhoods.

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

xstevex wrote: The exhaust manifold
We will have aveo headers done, and dyno'd easily before the years end. Shipping anywhere in the US on the forenza headers is about $26 so shipping from the UK could kill that. Plus, I'd perfer you to buy what you can from me ;)
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
xstevex

Post by xstevex »

kinkyllama wrote:
xstevex wrote: The exhaust manifold
We will have aveo headers done, and dyno'd easily before the years end. Shipping anywhere in the US on the forenza headers is about $26 so shipping from the UK could kill that. Plus, I'd perfer you to buy what you can from me ;)
how much were the forenza headers that you are selling?
(can I compare prices to that what the aveo is going to be? or no?)
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

xstevex wrote: how much were the forenza headers that you are selling?
(can I compare prices to that what the aveo is going to be? or no?)
The forenza headers are $529.99 but the aveo headers will be much cheaper do to the port design being much simplier, btw, the forenza headers have tons of thought and extra designs to keep reversion down and not kill the low end and the aveo headers will be no different.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
xstevex

Post by xstevex »

I'm still working on getting the pistons figured out. but I have some questions to answer the guy I may be buying the pistons from to ensure I get the right ones...

Does anyone know what year Corsa's Pistons I need to get? I was told there are two different types of gaskets.

Also is the Aveo's head gasket steel or composite?

Thanks!