Nitrous Question.

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Nitrous Question.

Post by BosnianLanos »

The NOS wet kit I bought is one of their fogger systems which injects nitrous and highly-atomized fuel into the engine via the air intake tubing. The deal was great, and the kit came with everything, but the seller only had 1 75 HP jet. While I think the engine "could" take it, I'd rather downgrade to somewhere between 35-50. I was thinking that the replacement jets would be coded by their respective HP readings, (I.E. A 35 HP jet, so forth), but they're not. They are given with the diameter jet in fractions of an inch.

What size do I need to buy so that they respond like a 35 Jet and a 50 Jet?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

the best thing you can do is have your local speed shop give you the tech line for NOS if it's not listed on your bottle. they are friendly and they can give you all the info you need.

garrett
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

one note here:

make sure to install the fogger at the correct location on the intake regarding its proximity to the TB... a friend had NOS installed on his car and the @$$ that did the job put the fogger too close to the TB and the car blew piston #1

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Yeah, the recommended distance from the manifold is 6-12 inches. I'll be on the longer side of that. And since I'll only be using a 35-40 HP shot for the first few thousand miles, hopefully the engine will get used to Nitrous.

And if it blows, oh well, ENGINE SWAP!

There are countless 1.6L and 2.0L available in my area with super low mileage and for very cheap.
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

atleast Beto's Nubira with T20SED engine with C20XE pistons
it handle the nitrous oxide 75 shot very well
making 206whp and 223 tq
if you have plenty of swaps choices around and cheap
have fun with the 75 shot
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Ehh... If I wasn't leaving for college this Sunday, I would run the 75 shot. But considering that that shot is basically a death sentence to a 1.6 (I believe an Aveo engine blew under that shot), I'd rather get as much life out of it as I can. The money isn't the issue. It is the time constraint. I think I have maybe $1000 worth of stuff sitting in my house waiting to be assembled and installed, but this has been the worst summer (free-time wise) of my life. I'd rather run a smaller shot and prolong the life of the engine... then, after I get some free time, I can play with it, tuning it to take a bigger shot.

Work Sucks!

But in lighter news, I bought a couple of things for the kit today. I have:

Nitrous Pressure Gauge
Blow Down Tube
Bottle Cover
35/50 Shot Jets.

Is there anything else I need?
Verbkiller

Post by Verbkiller »

perge kit would look badass on a woo lol
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

I've been looking at a CO2 purge kit. When I get my turbo done :roll: I'm thinking of running a CO2 sprayer on the intercooler and running a purge kit out from each corner of the front of the grill on my car.

Jimmy
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I belive the 75 shot Nitrous kit in question ( RoRo from another aveo forum ) was not a "wet" kit.

He didn't really care that much about killing the car..... I bought all his track and drag racing tires from him.... so we talked for a while.

The car really wasn't tuned for nitrous.... it ran lean and destroyed the engine.

Jets are a pain.... here... this might help.... this guy wrote an app for his Geo Storm ( which I belive is also a 1.6L )

http://www.robietherobot.com/NitrousJetCalculator.htm

Double check the results with this one.... http://www.mashamoto.co.uk/display_page.php?i=3

Your fuel pressure should be 45psi ( 3bar ) and bottle pressure can vary.... but 900psi is reasonable
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos