Might Have Great News For You Guys

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

92alex

Might Have Great News For You Guys

Post by 92alex »

*Please Mind My Typing I was typing Very Fast*
Hey guys i was doing a search for turbo's for daewoo's and i came across some pretty sweet.... this place makes turbo's that will fit on any vehicle. its liek 3-5k for a system not sure. and ways the website is www.ststurbo.com check it out.. tehy said a shop can install teh turbo for you... i know it might be pricy ,but i hope this helps.... :D
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

I know that site...rear mounted turbo setups. It's been discussed many times before. Seems people can't agree if it would work on a small engine or not. Most seem to think that we would have too much lag and loose too much heat to make it viable for our small engines.

However, I have a thought...The catalytic convertor raises the exhaust temps up a bit. I don't know how much but is it possible that the temp after the cat is close i.e. withing 100 or so degrees F of the temps in the exhaust manifold? If so it would seem lag wouldn't be that bad if we could place the turbo right after the cat and run a short pipe and no muffler after the turbo?

Jimmy
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

You can get a great custom turbo build for that price. Maybe even better. $5,000 would easily get you a custom manifold, forged rods and pistons, and engine management. Its also proven, whereas remotely mounted turbos might not be as efficient on 1598 cc engines.

But again, most of us here payed less than that for our whole car, so putting that much in a turbo kit is next to impossible.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

remote mount turbos just seem like a lot more work to me.
why bother running 9 foot long boost pipes? by the time the boosted air reaches the engine you'll probly hit the end of the quarter mile. lol (obv. its not quite that bad) but im sure u get the idea.

whats next? remote mounted superchargers? haha!
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.