ipp pistons

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

greenbluewoo
Expert

ipp pistons

Post by greenbluewoo »

ok monday I am going to ipp to order pistons for my u20sed engine I bought a couple months back the thing I want to know is what do I need for the pistons I know I need piston rings and is there something else I forgot please tell me thank you
2.0 engine swap in the works
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

anyone please
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Ummmm..... well.... the Pistons for the C20LET and C20XE use a floating pin design where as your U20SED piston pins are most likely press fit.

I don't know this for 100% sure, but the T22SED and T20SED were press fit so I figure the U20SED will be the same.

So.... at this point your probably thinking "what is this guy trying to tell me? "

The answer is that you need compatible C20LET or C20XE connecting rods.

Now again.... I'm not 100% sure of this, but I'm pretty sure the press type connecting rods won't work.

So your choices are:

1) get some C20LET or C20XE connecting rods from the UK or Europe
2) Purchase the Toga H-Beam connecting rods from IPP at the same time.

I can't remember.... but I belive there is an option to buy a Toga/Wiesco rod/piston kit.... which I would assume comes with pins as well... but don't quote me on that.

Hopefully someone else can confirm the requirement of C20LET C20XE rods for these Wiesco pistons.

Sorry for the potentially bad news.... it's nothing a wad of cash can't fix.

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

yeah I'm buying the piston and rod package from the c20let c20xe low comp pistons I should of bin more specific so I will just ask the guy if they come with it and thank you for replying I thought nobody was going too I didn't want to just to go there and order them and then find out I forgot something