Aveo msd

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Kumaspeed

Aveo msd

Post by Kumaspeed »

Hi guys,

I have an aveo 1.2 (yeah i know, mall engine) but anyways, I was thinking about putting a msd dis-2 ignition on it. Anyone has any idea on how to make it work?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'm not 100% sure about the Aveo... but if it's like the Lanos the "driver" that fires the coil is actually built into the factory coil.

This is a pain because it screws up the install of the MSD system.

Usually in a normal car the ECU triggers a set of transistors which ground the coil (making it fire)

The MSD instructions want you to cut the connection bewtween the transistors and the coils.... so the transistors feed into the MSD system input and the coils go onto the MSD output lines.

The problem with the Daewoo coils is that the transistors are inside the coil pack.... so you can't get at them to hook it up to the MSD system.

What you need is a "driver" such as the one that is posted in the "how to section" .... I think you can also use the one from an Eagle Talon.... because it's separate from the ECU.

Most cars have the transistors inside the ECU.... the Daewoo's are in the coil pack and some of the Dodge/Mitsu cars had an external driver box.

If you hook your MSD directly to the ECU your car will do nothing.... and you might end up damaging your ECU.... so don't try it.

I use to build these driver boxes.... but I don't have much time these days.... and the Electronics tech I just hired won't have much time to work on Precision Boost projects due to the fact that my senior electroncis tech left last friday to go work at a local hospital.

Thus my brand new tech who was supposed to work part time for Precision Boost has become the primary tech in my Oil Field manufacturing company.

Long story short.... I don't see me making any drivers any time soon.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos