Supercharger Turbo

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

myidisbetter

Supercharger Turbo

Post by myidisbetter »

Is this really cracked out to be what it says to be. Because if it is then i might buy it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supercha ... enameZWDVW
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

No
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

kinkyllama wrote:No
+1

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
whiteraven
Junior

Post by whiteraven »

That thing is little more then a leafblower motor attached to an intake...an over grown hair dryer. If anything, this would create an intake drag in the higher RPM range I would think.
dp

Post by dp »

its junk, the motor sucks more at 2000rpm, than that gives out, you can test it with a boost gauge, thats on a h22, and its going for 155.99us, that is a hot water heater motor, for the exhaust, its 36 canadian $$$. i no becuase i need it to buy 1 for my water heater and i was thinking maybe it works for the car so i did it 3y ago, on my friend car. you can get it in any heating supplier.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'd say something...... but I've answered this question....oh I don't know...perhaps six or seven times :(
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:I'd say something...... but I've answered this question....oh I don't know...perhaps six or seven times :(
Someone shoudl sticky where you did the math behind it showing power consumption needed to provide efficient boost through an electrical supercharger
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Unfortunatly sticky posts tend to clutter up the forum...... but it might be a good " All about electric superchargers"

An electric supercharger will work.... for the few seconds it takes to go down a drag strip..... but not the little crap box things they sell on ebay.

I'm sort of tempted to hook up a nice high power starter motor through a gearing system to a T04E compressor.

You could have a "switchable" entry port...... normally the car runs naturally aspirated and then at the flip of a switch the air starts coming from the electrically powered compressor and bang.... you have 20 psi for about 30 seconds..... then... when the batteries are drained.... it switches back to "naturally aspirated mode" and flips the intake back over.

You could do it without a flap.... but it would be a significant restriction on the intake path in naturally aspirated mode.

And..... just like Nitrous.... you could have some jets to dump fuel into the intake as boost hits.

You could use your alternator to recharge the batteries..... say the power is 6000W ( roughly 8 hp ).... with two 12V batteries your looking at a drain of about 500A for 30 seconds.

So..... if you drained 6000W you need to put back 6000W......but your alternator can't charge it as quick as you drained it.

Let's say your alternator manages 25A.... that means the backflow of energy is 20 times slower than you drained it...... therefor it will take 30X20 = 600 seconds to recharge the batteries.

600 seconds = 10 minutes.

So...... you could have a nice boost for 30 seconds ..... and then your car would need to recharge the battery for about 10 minutes (which would give your electric motor enough time to cool down

My whole point is that an electric supercharger is a viable thing....... and it would cost less than nitrous (since you don't need to refill the bottle)..... but you would probably have to replace the electric motor on a regular basis if you "overdrive" a starter motor (which is what they use with robots in "robot wars" )

Some starters will take the punishment..... others won't last long..... it all depends on how hot it gets.... heat will deteriorate the winding insulation.

Well..... I've done it again...... spent 10 minutes posting on a completely useless subject..... oh well.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

LOL what a POS.

Chris, I think that post was quite informative and interesting..... far from useless.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
dp

Post by dp »

chris has something that will work, if you work more on it. the ebay shit its never going to work, may be in a gocar, its just a guy making money on dum ass people.
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD