42# injectors.. 440cc

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DomWoo
Expert

42# injectors.. 440cc

Post by DomWoo »

i found some injectors at a killer pirce but they are 42# injectors and im thinking the stock injector is like 19# injector so thats more then double the injector size.. i can controll a larger injecter with my Emanage but i was wondering if it would be wise to stay with a smaller injectore like 24#?
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

You need to do some math first:

Target horsepower (crank):
Your current fuel pressure min (psi):
Your current fuel pressure max (psi):

Now...at what psi are the injectors rated at? (prolly 45psi, but that varies).... I posted a while back link in MMamdouh's thread about nice page with injector size calculators, you will have to look for that.

So, since e-manage can handle 150% +/- of stock injector, the only item you need is 1:1 FPR. Now...for idle (say 18Hg of vacuum) you can run the fuel pressure at very little 25psi or so...then you would use e-manage to fine-tune the pulse-width for smooth motor operation. As the vacuum decreses, presure will raise 1psi per 1psi of change, so if you are running 10psi of boost, for example, you will end up with 53psi fuel pressure (if your fuel pump can handle that - if not say it will be 45psi). Then, with wide-band O2 you can tune injectors using e-manage for proper air-fuel....and voila, you are in the races :) At try to keep injectors below 90% rated duty cycle.

Hope this helps,

Tom
Last edited by GsiTurbo on Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by DomWoo »

well i ordered them!! 120$ for 4 bosch injectors.. not bad if you ask me!!! they are all balanced and blue printed and are all matched to within 2%
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

DomWoo wrote:well i ordered them!! 120$ for 4 bosch injectors.. not bad if you ask me!!! they are all balanced and blue printed and are all matched to within 2%
Damn...such prices should be made illegal :) Nice find! Oh, and do you have the Injector Harness for the e-manage, right??

Post by DomWoo »

they got one more set ;) yeah i got that too
klonek78
Junior

Re: 42# injectors.. 440cc

Post by klonek78 »

DomWoo wrote:i found some injectors at a killer pirce but they are 42# injectors and im thinking the stock injector is like 19# injector so thats more then double the injector size.. i can controll a larger injecter with my Emanage but i was wondering if it would be wise to stay with a smaller injectore like 24#?
with larger injector you could have problems with engine starting. Emanage won't help you in this case - only chip remap.
DAEWOO NUBIRA II 2,0turbo (K04+2,5"exhaust tuned with SMT7) CDX WAGON 222222km so far :)
350KM@470Nm by GT28RS+N2O coming soon :D
pollito

Post by pollito »

Do you have a link for your purchase?
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

klonek78 wrote:
DomWoo wrote:i found some injectors at a killer pirce but they are 42# injectors and im thinking the stock injector is like 19# injector so thats more then double the injector size.. i can controll a larger injecter with my Emanage but i was wondering if it would be wise to stay with a smaller injectore like 24#?
with larger injector you could have problems with engine starting. Emanage won't help you in this case - only chip remap.
i can remap the injectors with emanage and it says in the manual that when using larger injectors all you have to do is enter the stock size and the new size and it will readjust the maps automaticly for starting purposes
klonek78
Junior

Post by klonek78 »

DomWoo wrote:
klonek78 wrote:
i can remap the injectors with emanage and it says in the manual that when using larger injectors all you have to do is enter the stock size and the new size and it will readjust the maps automaticly for starting purposes
everything depends on ECU and mods. Emanage is "only" piggyback like SMT6/7
DAEWOO NUBIRA II 2,0turbo (K04+2,5"exhaust tuned with SMT7) CDX WAGON 222222km so far :)
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

klonek78 wrote:
DomWoo wrote:
klonek78 wrote: with larger injector you could have problems with engine starting. Emanage won't help you in this case - only chip remap.
what do you mean depends on ECU and MODS?

it is turbo charged and has been running the emanage with the stock injectors for about a year now. it also has a fully programable msd ignition system and a adjustable FPR

im kinda confused at your openion and knowledge on piggyback systems? do you have one?
klonek78
Junior

Post by klonek78 »

DomWoo wrote:
klonek78 wrote:
DomWoo wrote: i can remap the injectors with emanage and it says in the manual that when using larger injectors all you have to do is enter the stock size and the new size and it will readjust the maps automaticly for starting purposes
what do you mean depends on ECU and MODS?

it is turbo charged and has been running the emanage with the stock injectors for about a year now. it also has a fully programable msd ignition system and a adjustable FPR

im kinda confused at your openion and knowledge on piggyback systems? do you have one?
yes I have and I have tuned few cars...... also with Emanage and they works fine

I had problem with my car for example. I put bigger turbo, injectors (320cc) and bigger mapsensor (2,5bar) and none of piggyback was able to start my engine smoothly (AFR was far too rich) but I had no any other problems...
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

got the injectors in and started the car.. it starts and idles fine.. havnt drivin it because some how i forgot to plug in the water temp sensor when i changed out the head.. and now i got no temp reading!!!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'm not sure where the water temp sensor is located on the 1.6L but it's fairly easy to setup a new location if you can't get to it now that the head is installed..... you could cut your radiator hose and insert a tube with a welded bung matching the sensor thread.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

actaully it was simple... but took 3 hours to figure out how simple it was lol...

all i had to do was loosen the altenator and slide it all the way back.. and its right between the head and the altenator

well i have been playing around with the emanage and seeing how to make the car run as good as possible.. right now the egt idles at 750' to 800' and is a bit shaky

with the emanage set for the new injectors i put in 180cc for stock and the 440cc for the new and it starts really good and idles good i just dont know where to begin tuning this thing with out a dyno. and i dont have one for many many miles around

ive drivin it up and down my street not boosting and the egt runs at about 1000'

i got a fuel pump ordered because the stock one is shot.

i was looking into getting a wideband o2 but i have to save some money for the time being so thats next on the list
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

to be able to tune it on the streets u wil need a WB O2 sensor

or u just gona be pulling over to chek the spark plugs for mixture

is the e-manage good ?
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD