Zikas The Great (Nubira)
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Hmmmmmm?? time to do some reading
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Yes....... I know quite a bit about this subject..... and for once it's true.

They are exagerating the numbers significantly and it's meant primarily for diesel engines.

I wouldn't purchase a kit.... you can make one yourself for less than a hundred dollars.

One thing it does not mention is that you need to retard your timing if significant amounts of hydrogen is introduced.

The hydrogen acts as a catalyst.... it releases energy very quickly and that energy is transfered to the Air/Fuel.

Here is the problem.... High Octane gas burns slower..... low octane gas burns faster.

So in reality.... because hydrogen burns so quickly it actually seems like your running lower octane fuel.

So.... if large amounts of hydrogen is used it will cause spark knock ( detonation )

If small amounts of hydrogen is used it does not creat enough pressure to hurt anything.... but it does make the air/fuel burn quicker and more efficently....... so if you don't retard ignition you will get a secondary spark knock (from ignition of the air/fuel) thousands of times worse than the ones created by the hydrogen.

I know this is a little technical..... but small amounts of hydrogen are ok ..... and they increase efficency and power

Large amounts are bad..... it will cause major engine damage

With diesels they try to ignite as fast as possible..... so adding hydrogen helps get things going quicker.

The result is better fuel efficency, more power, lower emissions and a higher rev limit

My mother-in-law's cousin owns two huge semi truck dealerships up here in Alberta and we talked about it extensively.

The device has some pattents attached to it but they tested it on several semi trucks and it works great.

Fuel efficency increased by something in the range of 8% to 20% which is a huge savings for semi truck drivers doing coast to coast runs.

Anyways..........this post is getting long so I best end it with that statement.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
kyle172

Post by kyle172 »

I have. There are alot of people on eBay selling these kits. Some of them are very good some of them look like junk

I've yet to see someone with a Daewoo have a hydrogen kit installed. I hope someone does. Because I'm interested installing one myself