Post by Brian5475E »

Found this by searching. anyone belong to this forum, ask this dude where it is
http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic433100.htm
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: Aveo Turbo Kit Found?

Post by daewooluvr »

Brian5475E wrote:Found this by searching. anyone belong to this forum, ask this dude where it is
http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic433100.htm
Any questions contact me at John@XPP-Racing.com
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

yeah I saw that after I posted, I emailed him no response yet
XPP-Racing

Post by XPP-Racing »

Brian5475E wrote:yeah I saw that after I posted, I emailed him no response yet
Thank you Brian. I did receive your e-mail. I figured I?d answer your questions about the kit here so everyone can see what we are offering.

The kit is currently in R&D and we are looking for 5 more kits to be purchase at half price to finish the first batch. The kits will be sold for $3000-$3500 depending on what additional parts we may need to build a reliable kit. We are trying to use the stock fuel system and computer to keep the kit cost down. The kit will NOT be sold for more than $3500. Once the prototype kit is finished and dynoed, we will be producing the kits at a rate of one a week. It is first come, first served and we will ship the kits accordingly. We know $1500 is a lot to bite off to wait maybe a month to receive your product. But keep in mind that we are producing a high quality product and will take time to perfect. I?m sure that you will be pleased with your purchase once it is received.

The kit will consist of:
- Tubular Exhaust Manifold
- 16G or Equivalent Turbo
- Manual Boost Controller
- Front Mount Intercooler
- Intercooler Piping Powder Coated Blue, Red, or Silver
(other colors available upon request)
- HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve
- Downpipe
- K&N Filter
- Gaskets, Hardware, Etc.
- Instructions

If you have any other questions or comments, feel free to e-mail me at John@xpp-racing.com.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Thats a really great price.

How hard would it be to fabricate this on a lanos.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

should fit right on the Lanos. the Aveo has a tighter space so the Lanos should be no problem.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

The exhaust manifolds are the same? I know there are some variations between the two. Just trying to figure if he could add lanos on there and possibly sell a few more kits.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

I'm sure the physical stuff would work, but it's the electrical stuff that may not. remember GM update the engine mangement with the Delphi System
XPP-Racing

Post by XPP-Racing »

KnightWalace wrote:The exhaust manifolds are the same? I know there are some variations between the two. Just trying to figure if he could add lanos on there and possibly sell a few more kits.
Knight,
I could add lanos, but unfortunately I haven't had the ability to get my hands on one to test fitment. I'm sure they are close enough, but I don't want to promise fitment until I can verify it. If there are any differences, I'm sure I can modify the kit enough to make it work on the lanos as well.

UPDATE: We finalized on a turbo. The 16G turbo with a T25 flange. Capable of 15 PSI to redline. Will also spool up nicely for lower boost applications.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Well how much PSI can the Aveo hold stock. I know it has the deep skirted block so that should help hold everything together. Just let us know some reliable HP #'s

Hey Mods I say we give XXp- Racing their own section on the forum just like the other guys. anyone else with me on this one. No ofense to 360 and Intim. but we need more companies on the forums, thats how the picture gets bigger
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I see absolutely no reason why we should give them space on this forum..... they haven't even produced a working product yet.

For all you know this project might not get off the ground.

Based upon the current list of information provided I would have a dozen or so questions.

Here are the two statements I would question....

"We are trying to use the stock fuel system and computer to keep the kit cost down" & "15 PSI to redline"

15psi with the stock naturally aspirated computer/fuel pump/injectors??

Is this guy on drugs???

If the kit included larger injectors and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator I might not question this "kit" too much but since the only mention of the fuel system is that they would hopefully use the "stock" setup I have to say this system is incomplete.

How are they going to keep the ECU from seeing boost?

If they install a downpipe what happens to the catalytic converters?

Will the factory fuel pump handle the extra fuel requirements??

I must say that 15psi is a fair bit of boost.... I would suspect that lower compression pistons would be required at the very minimum.

How about the "tubular manifold".... what materials and tubing sizes are they using (diameter/wall thickness) ??

I could go on and on...... but my point is that there isn't enough information to ensure that you aren't going to bolt this thing on an blow your engine five minutes into your first run.

Hell.... I could make you a turbo kit with all the stuff he mentioned for half as much money.... the parts listed are the cheap parts as far as I'm concerned.... how about all the labor that would be required to modify the electrical and fuel systems so the engine will last more than five minutes.

I know you guys love to "jump" on the bandwagon when the prospect of a new product becomes available but you have to get more info and make sure these guys aren't going to sell you some useless crap.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Well he said that "Capable of 15 PSI to redline. Will also spool up nicely for lower boost applications"
doesn't mean that it will be using that. Also 360 Dynamics had their own section before 1 product was sold. I'm not trying to take business away from Tom or anything but the only way to grow is to give people a chance. The more companies the more R&D. not just waiting on one company.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well.... technically 360 Dynamics had a full line of stock and had been selling products locally for several months prior to getting his website up and getting some space on this site.

I am not opposed to having other companies on this site.... I just think that we should wait until someone has dealt with them to ensure that they aren't scam artists or people that don't know what they are doing.

They are welcome to setup group buys on this forum but until they are an established company with a useable product I don't think we should ask Efrain to spend a bunch of time setting up a forum section for them.

Have you asked these guys if they want space on this board?

When it comes right down to it they would have to spend the time to answer questions in a reasonable timeframe.

Intimidator almost got kicked off for not responding but now that Deathwind has devoted time to our site things are going well.

You might think I'm biased towards 360 but it's simply a case of Tom being a buddy and I think he's very trustworthy..... he's the kind of guy that does piles of research and product testing before he introduces a product.

Right now he has access to piles of stuff to make you guys drool but he's not going to sell them until they are tested and a distributorship is nailed down.

Anyways... if this guy is serious then have him get on this post and answer the questions about the turbo kit.

Sorry if I seem hostile towards this kit.... but the way it's worded makes me think that it's either an "unsafe" setup or they don't know what they are talking about.

Perhaps they have thousands of hours of turbo design and they have some special design to make the fuel system handle boost but from what you've posted here this setup is incomplete and would immediatly damage a stock Aveo engine.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Brian, dont take it the wrong way...

Things are exactly like Erfinder said.

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
04aveohb
Junior

Post by 04aveohb »

This is a daewoo site for daewoo cars, he is advertising for Chevy, but personally I wouldnt mind seeing him have a section, if he doesnt produce a decent product within..like 6 months then take him off...
2004 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback
-SRI
-15" Konig Theory's