1.5L Turbo

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

SyNt4x

1.5L Turbo

Post by SyNt4x »

I was just wondering if anyone has used the stock exhaust manifold with a Turbo flange for a turbo setup. Will this work or not? If not please explain why?

P.S. Except the only thing i can really see being a problem is how low it sits but im guessing it could be cut shorter?
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

It is very possible and has been done successfully.... by me 8)

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&start=15

Yes the turbo does sit low (out of sight :wink: ), and the oil return does run slightly uphill but it works perfectly...

No cutting of stock manifold, just a short adaptor that bolts to the stock manifold and the turbo.

--Tim
python235
Junior

Post by python235 »

ubuyau wrote:It is very possible and has been done successfully.... by me 8)

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&start=15

Yes the turbo does sit low (out of sight :wink: ), and the oil return does run slightly uphill but it works perfectly...

No cutting of stock manifold, just a short adaptor that bolts to the stock manifold and the turbo.

--Tim
so u just slaped on a turbo! thats it! :D cool! and how long is it running for and is it giving u good boost of hp, and what kind of turbo is it, and how many psi r u running? Lots of questions, but i need then info for some1 willing to do it but is scared! thanx man
VX
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

python235 wrote: so u just slaped on a turbo! thats it! :D cool!
Not quite, i did put a rising rate fuel regulator and 2L nubira injectors and a modified R32 intercooler.
python235 wrote: and how long is it running for and is it giving u good boost of hp,
about 5 weeks now. i did have some teething problems but they are all gone now. car is as reliable as ever. boost is crazy good fun! im keeping up with and beating WRX's.
python235 wrote: and what kind of turbo is it,
TD04 off a Jap import EJ20 from a subaru. It had the center rotated so after spinning the orieentation of the turbo that the oil feed and drain would be positioned right...
python235 wrote: and how many psi r u running?
Using standard internal wastegate - 6psi
python235 wrote: Lots of questions, but i need then info for some1 willing to do it but is scared! thanx man
All good - let me know if you have other questions.

Also read the thread from above and it should answer alot of questions about turbo-ing the A15SMS lanos engine.

--Tim