Turboing Aveo

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Brian5475E
Expert

Turboing Aveo

Post by Brian5475E »

well I was doing some measuring, and the Aveo just doesn't have any room under the hood. So I was thinking of putting a honda civic little 2 or 3 core radiator and using a aftermarket electric fan. I can move it to the drivers side. That should free up a lot of room for the turbo that way.
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i'm not sure if you have room, but have you tried to see how much room you would have if you put the fans on the other side? thats what some people did with the lanos.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

they won't fit between the bumper and radiator/condeser. there is only a 1 1/2" between them. Remeber the Aveo has a lot smaller front end than the lanos
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

perhaps you could check out the possibility of doing a remote turbo system...
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
money

Post by money »

daewooluvr wrote:perhaps you could check out the possibility of doing a remote turbo system...
:D :arrow: http://www.ststurbo.com

Although they aren't necessarily off the shelf turbos (or so they say on the website) it's definatly a possability.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

money wrote:
daewooluvr wrote:perhaps you could check out the possibility of doing a remote turbo system...

Although they aren't necessarily off the shelf turbos (or so they say on the website) it's definatly a possability.
If it's that easy, can't you just do it yourself then? You don't need an intercooler neither an oil line. So what is it consist of... just a turbo, and piping? Then just cut off the exhaust, put a turbo at the end, pipe it all the way to the intake manufold, and basically you're done?
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

yo do need and oil line, the turbo will still have to have oil cooling and lubricating it. The oil return line would have to carry a dry sump pump to pump back the return back to the car, of u could get a self oild turbo.
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
money

Post by money »

AcingTeam wrote:
money wrote:

If it's that easy, can't you just do it yourself then? You don't need an intercooler neither an oil line. So what is it consist of... just a turbo, and piping? Then just cut off the exhaust, put a turbo at the end, pipe it all the way to the intake manufold, and basically you're done?
I don't really know the specifics. It seems simple enough, but from what I know (and all I know is pretty much what I've read from there site) the turbo's they use aren't regular off the shelf units. I don't know what's different about them - if anything, that could be a marketing ploy.

But basically, yea that's all I've really seen them do. They have a 12V oil pump system, which there again I'm not 100% on how that specifically works but I can't imagine it's too technical (how can it be?) I'm sure there's more to it than just that, although it doesn't seem there's much more.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
money

Post by money »

richardmatalon wrote:yo do need and oil line, the turbo will still have to have oil cooling and lubricating it. The oil return line would have to carry a dry sump pump to pump back the return back to the car, of u could get a self oild turbo.
That's more or less what this one is if I understand it, or it at least has an independent oiling system. Go check 'em out they can answer the questions better than I ;).