Small Nos system

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

asam
Expert

Small Nos system

Post by asam »

I want a small nos system nothing over a 50hp shot and i want to keep the cost below $300.

Any suggestions??

Here is one of my ideas: http://store.summitracing.com/default.a ... p&N=400047
Stay in control with Hankook's weather...or not technology.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

The one I recommend is the ZEX wet kit...the universal one. Pretty much all the installs of NOS we do uses this particular system.

The install is super easy, runs on a 3-wire hookup (unlike 10+ wires other systems), and comes with 55, 65, 75 nozzles.

http://store.summitracing.com/default.a ... p&N=400047

PM me if you want one :)

Tom

Post by NubiraPower »

360 Dynamics, at what price do u sell nos systems?! If I want to buy a system like the one you sell what will be the price to send it to me?! I live in Romania. Do you use yahoo messenger?! If u don't mine, can u give me your ID because it will be easier to talk there. 10x
Nubira Power
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I don't see how this one is a wet system CCA-82021

I don't see any parts to mix with fuel...
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
blackielaw
Junior

Post by blackielaw »

Tom, would the ZEX wet kit be safe on a 1.4 8V Lanos? :? Not too sure...
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."

1999 Lanos
(The only modified Lanos in Malta)
NubiraPower

Post by NubiraPower »

Tom, would the ZEX wet kit be safe on a 1.4 8V Lanos? Confused Not too sure...
I don't think that a nos system is safe for a car! Everybody risks when they use the system. It's imposible to be safe! For example: if you run with nos more than 20 sec(i'm not very sure about this) your engine will blow up! Another example: if you run with nos in a lower gear ( 1,2) or you hit the button when you have less than 3000rpm you will blow your engine again. So it's not safe. If you know how to use the nos system very smart you will have more changes not to damage your engine. :wink:
Nubira Power
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

NubiraPower wrote:
Tom, would the ZEX wet kit be safe on a 1.4 8V Lanos? Confused Not too sure...
I don't think that a nos system is safe for a car! Everybody risks when they use the system. It's imposible to be safe! For example: if you run with nos more than 20 sec(i'm not very sure about this) your engine will blow up! Another example: if you run with nos in a lower gear ( 1,2) or you hit the button when you have less than 3000rpm you will blow your engine again. So it's not safe. If you know how to use the nos system very smart you will have more changes not to damage your engine. :wink:
Its not that easy to damged your engine.. as long as your not stupid about it and your not shotting in to much Nitrous at a time
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Well... i did use it a lot, almost became an addict to it...

I had a wet system and used 2 bottles in less than 2 weeks. :lmao:

The engine didnt complain. :roll:

I even did huge burnout (smoking the tires even on 3rd) when i test drove it in the first days i had it lol.

but on the 1/4 of mile i pushed the magic button only in 2nd and 3rd.

On highways is useless (at least the 50hp shot). In 3rd i tried to keep up with a couple of friends, a 240SX (SR20DET) and a '90 Prelude (with an H22A) when i did try it on 4th. it was almost the same with and without the nitrous.

But my engine had a low compresion. 8:8.1, so it was good for it, i was even going to try a 100 HP shot before it died (i didnt had the nitrous then)
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
NubiraPower

Post by NubiraPower »

Its not that easy to damged your engine.. as long as your not stupid about it and your not shotting in to much Nitrous at a time
That's your opinion! :wink:
Well... i did use it a lot, almost became an addict to it...

I had a wet system and used 2 bottles in less than 2 weeks. lmao

The engine didnt complain. Rolling Eyes

I even did huge burnout (smoking the tires even on 3rd) when i test drove it in the first days i had it lol.
I don't understand something: when you did that burnout you hit nitro in the first gear and the second?! How much hp did you tried when you did this burnout?!
i was even going to try a 100 HP shot
An engine to resist to 100 HP of nitrous needs more modifications! I don't know the english terms to explain to you. :oops:
Nubira Power
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

That's your opinion! :wink:

Mmh, nope, thats pretty much a fact.

For example:

The Lanos 1.6 (A16DMS) Liter engine, during manufacturing, was tested to 150 HP with no bad results for the reliablity, so why do you think a 35-55 HP shot would so easily blow an engine? If you were right, there wouldn't be a sane person on the face of the planet who would run nitrous at the risk of blowing his engine at every push of the button. You might be thinking of first timers who pay someone to install their kit with a 150HP shot on a stock Honda, but anyone who is remotely experienced with cars knows what to do (i.e. Efrain, who used nitrous).

Bottom line, nitrous is one of the best, most efficient ways to give your car a quick HP boost for passing or racing, and you would have to be pretty dumb to break your engine due to a low shot of NOS.
NubiraPower

Post by NubiraPower »

The Lanos 1.6 (A16DMS) Liter engine, during manufacturing, was tested to 150 HP with no bad results for the reliablity
Was tested to 150 HP of nitrous?! Can u show me an article or something!? :lol:
Nubira Power
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

NubiraPower wrote:
The Lanos 1.6 (A16DMS) Liter engine, during manufacturing, was tested to 150 HP with no bad results for the reliablity
Was tested to 150 HP of nitrous?! Can u show me an article or something!? :lol:
There was a scan of this article somewhere on this site. I remember seeing it.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

NubiraPower wrote:I don't understand something: when you did that burnout you hit nitro in the first gear and the second?! How much hp did you tried when you did this burnout?!
Yes, I hit it in 1st after the started spining, as usual my car pulls foward even with the tyires spining, so i powershifted into 2nd and 3rd with the button pressed :roll: but i let go the button after i shifted into 3rd.
NubiraPower wrote: An engine to resist to 100 HP of nitrous needs more modifications! I don't know the english terms to explain to you. :oops:
Belive me i know it could handle that.

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
elhamy201

Post by elhamy201 »

what is the difference between wet and dry nitrous :?
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

elhamy201 wrote:what is the difference between wet and dry nitrous :?
All I know is that wet is way better!!

I think wet uses every injector as opposed to dry...