turbo for 04 forenza

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

forenza138

turbo for 04 forenza

Post by forenza138 »

I am currently looking for a turbocharger for my suzuki forenza. Can anyone help me find a turbo for my car?
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I also have a Forenza and im interested too. Do you have any mods on your car ?
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

depends. if you want high boost: t3 ( A/R 48, 60 or 63) from merkur turbo( my steup) or ford thunderbird turbo. ok spool up. 0psi at 2000rpm and max boost form 2500-3000-up rpm.(on 2l engine).

if you want low boost: t25 (A/R ?) from stock nissan sr20det motors. fast spool up. 2000 - 2500 rpm-ish.(on 2l engine which is yours).

if you want low cfm, high boost with good efficency:t28(A/R ?) basically(t25 turbine and t3 compressor) from stock nissan sr20det motors. fast spool up. 2000 - 2500 rpm-ish.(on 2l engine which is yours).

if you want high cfm, low boost with good efficency: t3/t04E (A/R 48(turbonetics stage2 or 3 wheel), 60(50 trim wheel)). fast spool up. guestimate, 0 psi by 1500-2000rpm and max boost any where from 2500-up rpm. this is my future setup or i'll just settle with my corrent setup up(t3).
this sums it up.
forenza138

Post by forenza138 »

I only have a cold air intake and a muffler now. but i also have 17" white motegi rims, otto racing black spoiler, and 12" kicker subs
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

There will be a brand new turbo kit available soon, my Optra 5 will be the first test subject. :D ( Optra 5 is the hatchback forenza in Canada )

The turbo kits are being developed by a mainstream company in co-operation with 360 Dynamics ( GsiTurbo's new company )

There will be pictures once the kit arrives showing the install.

As a stage 1 project I'm going for relativly low boost (7psi) with a completely stock engine.

Later on when the engine has a few more miles on it I will bring that up to somewhere in the range of 12-15psi with a few modifications ( lower compression pistons and ARP bolts all around )
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Erfinder wrote:There will be a brand new turbo kit available soon, my Optra 5 will be the first test subject. :D ( Optra 5 is the hatchback forenza in Canada )

The turbo kits are being developed by a mainstream company in co-operation with 360 Dynamics ( GsiTurbo's new company )

There will be pictures once the kit arrives showing the install.

As a stage 1 project I'm going for relativly low boost (7psi) with a completely stock engine.

Later on when the engine has a few more miles on it I will bring that up to somewhere in the range of 12-15psi with a few modifications ( lower compression pistons and ARP bolts all around )

When you say soon, is that like a month or like 6 months? What hp #s should be expected and for what price? I need to know how much to save up :D
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Talk to GsiTurbo..... I really don't know details yet.... horsepower depends on what you want to do..... there are multiple turbos available.

I'm going for 7psi.... which I'm guessing should land me around 200hp at the crank ( just an estimate )

Not all of that is "turbo power" as I plan to do other modifications to boost performance.

So it all depends on how much money you have and how many modifications you want to do.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Everything possible. . . i got my car in cash so i dont have to pay many bills, nearly everything gets to go to mods 8)
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

you might want to also consider nitrous. Just go from 35-55hp and you should be good. It's way less expensive than turbo, but then again it could lead to some problems. I'm going that route if I decide to put anymore money into my car.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

i considered that, that might be what i do after a turbo, im still trying to learn everything but i know for the price the turbos the best thing you can do and will give me more than anything else can
Kostyafan

Post by Kostyafan »

Hi.
I'm driving Chevrolet Nubira, Ukrainian version of Daewoo Nubira equipped with 1.8L 122 hp engine.
For this moment, i'm taking conversation with Zurich company called Delta-Motor about their ALREADY adopted Supercharged kit with Rotrex supercharger. They made 165 hp without any risk of damage. But they driving this test car from last spring... Their chief have to answer for my tech questions about modifications. you can look at their old PDF at http://www.delta-motor.ch/ger/Events/Sa ... CETTI2.PDF and get some info of used supercharger.
I know that Optra has 2.0L engine but is it different with my 1.8L? I dont think so - they should have just different volume... maybe.

So, take a look...

And, I hope your market has more special add-ons to this car... And we can improve it...

P.S. What about "special form" of air filter? I already made "built-in" K&N filter in stock (paper destroyed) plastic contour... Low and Hi prm became feelable...
12w0

Post by 12w0 »

forenza138 wrote:I only have a cold air intake and a muffler now. but i also have 17" white motegi rims, otto racing black spoiler, and 12" kicker subs

cai for forenza? from where?