Nitrous on a 1.6L?

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AcingTeam
Expert

Nitrous on a 1.6L?

Post by AcingTeam »

Hey guys,
What do you think about putting a nitrous kit on a 1.6l Lanos? Would that be hard to do or require a professional installation? What hp shots would be safe considering that I only have an exhaust/intake/choco chip?
Any problems that I might be running into?

Thanks ;)

p.s. wanna be in the 15's 1/4 mile times
damian007vk
Super

i have

Post by damian007vk »

i have a 55 shot of zex dry in my lanos 1.6L for over 1 year...no problems yet...however if you are really scared and just wanna be really really safe just spray 35 shot
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Do you have any other work done to your engine or is it all pretty much stock? Cause I only have an intake and exhaust and just want to keep it that way.
What type of gas (fuel) do you use?

Also, I read somewhere that performance chips like (chocolate chip) are not compatable with Nitrous systems, is that true?
damian007vk
Super

ok

Post by damian007vk »

i got CAI, complete exhaust, FPR, throttle body coolant bypass, magnecor wires, royal purple synthetic oil, apexi-afc2, silicone reinforced mounts, autotrans interceptor, few misc. thins and I give the car very good maintenance.....
sayhellotomylittlewoo

Post by sayhellotomylittlewoo »

i have been spraying my woo for about 6 mthes with a nitrous express dry 75 shot with intake,exhaustand normally run mid grade fuel with no probs
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

:lol: sayhellotomylittlewoo .... great call sign.... It reminds me of "say hello to my litte friend"
damian007vk
Super

lol

Post by damian007vk »

"I tol ju to tel dem ju wuz in a sanitarium, no a sanitation, dat wey day wood half taught ju wuz krazy an let ju go"
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Re: i have

Post by bluesheepbrian »

damian007vk wrote:i have a 55 shot of zex dry in my lanos 1.6L for over 1 year...no problems yet...however if you are really scared and just wanna be really really safe just spray 35 shot
Shots? Hope we are talking about bar shots. :roll: Seriosly how is that measured 35, 55, 70 etc, is that milliliters or something different all together?
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"
damian007vk
Super

hp

Post by damian007vk »

shot of horsepower. depends on which nozzle fitting you place....larger the nozzle fitting the greater the shot of nitrous. so each time you spray, you will get whatever the power according to what nozzle fitting you have installed.
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

Post the times of your NOS Lanos.
sayhellotomylittlewoo

i was supposed to make the first official run at a show and go comp this week in Montgomery but my car met a very unfortunate fate when I raced and beat an eclipse gst this weekend.So it'll have to wait till the parts come in ie the windshield fenders new rear skin and hood.Bricks hurt cars very bad.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

sayhellotomylittlewoo wrote:Bricks hurt cars very bad.
The eclipse driver is a sore looser? or were the bricks originally a solid object?
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
sayhellotomylittlewoo

not sure of the question but the eclipse driiver got sprayed and was pissed cause he lost.We have them on tape pulling up at the walmart my friends and i were at ,get out and proceed to beat the hell out of my car and drive off.The pics are posted on cardomain.http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/677712
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

What a bunch of faggots, if I ever again saw the guy who did that to my car, I can honestly say that he wouldn't leave with his head attached to his body, I would kill him, no doubt about it. Curse of being a Bosnian I guess...violent tendancies.

Now I'm all mad and shit, and it didn't even happen to me.

However, I'm glad that you beat his ass and I like the look of your 'Woo before those bastards got their grubby hands on it. Hope you can get it fixed without paying an arm and a leg.

If I were you I'd drive around with an AK-47 and see if any moron had some more bad thoughts about me or my car, and then I would dare them to act on those thoughts.

LOL, I'm nuts.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Man, when you first said about the bricks, I thought you crashed, I didn't think they used bricks to beat up your car.... that's just retarded... I hate people like that.