has anyone manage to install an apexi neo???

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Raor.90

has anyone manage to install an apexi neo???

Post by Raor.90 »

Im starting a turbo proyect on my daewoo lanos 1.6.I was wondering if someone has any idea inf the apexi neo works on daewoo lanos 1.6? i herd back at PR that the neo dosent work but the apexi safc and safc 2 works.if thats the case why does the neo dosent work?ill apreciate any help anyone can bring and if someone ever installed one let me know...
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: has anyone manage to install an apexi neo???

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The NEO is specifically designed with Honda's in mind, having said that, I do not know why it wouldn't work, I used honda settings for my SAFC-2 when I had my Optra5 and it worked fine.

The key thing is finding a car ( such as a honda ) that has similar sensor types.

You probably wouldn't be able to do much with the VTEC setting, but that shouldn't matter much.

I guess most people see that it's for a honda and immediately think it can't be used on other vehicles.

Considering the SAFC units are not meant for a Lanos either, I don't see why they are any worse or better
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Raor.90

Post by Raor.90 »

Thanks for clarifying.so if we are going to compare the lanos with a honda they use similar sensor types.(map,iat,oxygen sensors,knock etc)so correct me if im wrong.if there is any way to find the correct diagram for the neo en the daewoo lanos.(excluding the v-tech control)wich I think should not be a problem not using the neo should work if installed correctly since what we are really after is a air/fuel control to get a better air fuel ratio.is there anyway to find the daewoo lanos 1.6 ecm diagram to install the apexi neo.a friend of mine has one that can be tried on my lanos.any other help will be apreciated..
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Raor.90 wrote:Thanks for clarifying.so if we are going to compare the lanos with a honda they use similar sensor types.(map,iat,oxygen sensors,knock etc)so correct me if im wrong
this is an extremely general statement... every car uses similar sensor types!!
you might find if you go with the neo that you'll have to use honda sensors so the comp. gets the right sensor readings (correct resistance/voltage etc.)
otherwise find a honda with GM type sensors (which I don't think exists...)

what's stopping you from using the SAFC?
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The Apexi units don't really do much other than modify the incoming voltages by a specific percentage.

The differences between GM/Honda simply mean that the percentages shown on the Neo might be ever so slightly off.

That is to say you might change a level by 5% and in reality it might change 6%

Given the percentages mean nothing and that your really tuning via Air fuel ratios, it shouldn't matter if they are off.

As for the Lanos ECU, I have it somewhere at home, I think it should be on the forum somewhere as I know it has been posted a number of times in the past
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Raor.90

Post by Raor.90 »

I already got an apex safc.I only need the pinout diagram for the daewoo lanos 1.6.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

pm me your email address and I'll send it to you
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~