D-Day is finally with us!

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

tango

D-Day is finally with us!

Post by tango »

Hey Fellas!
The day we have all talked about and wondered who would get to it first, is here. Tomorrow (June 16th) I'm gonna go to the shop and start the process of installing the turbo. Wish me luck and stay tuned for pictures and a written report.

~Tango.
Cogito ergo sum...
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Plase man the pics, I want no see it. :shock:
ImageImage
tango

Post by tango »

Patience mi amigo! The project is almost finished. It's about a day behind schedule though. I am taking as many pictures as I can and there have only been a few problems, all solved so far. I plan to return home on Sunday 21st so hang on a few more days.

~Tango.
Cogito ergo sum...
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Your car is a 1.5??? I have the pic of a turbo for lanos made here in Puerto Rico. I will check if any one make here 4 nubiras.

Gracias mi amigo. De donde eres tango?
ImageImage
tango

Post by tango »

UPDATE:
The car is fully bolted up and ran fore the first time on Saturday night at around 7pm CST. We discovered a few problems with it, namely two fuel leaks. One was solved immediately (caused by a broken clamp) and the other (a broken fuel pump) is pending. So far that's the biggest problem I've had. Because yesterday was Sunday most places were closed so finding a new pump has to wait ill today. However the car did feel it's first taste of boost at around 10pm on Saturday, dumping the remnants of 5psi of boost to atmosphere under throttle lift-off :D Stay tuned. For the time being I have put the pictures I have so far, up on the board at :

Wonder Woo
Cogito ergo sum...
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Man after finish w\ all the cliches put the procedure and the pics. :twisted:
ImageImage
tango

Post by tango »

The car is now under boost. But not quite! The injectors I had (the Dodge Dakota 3.9 V6 ones) are still too small! I got my hands on a set of injectors from a Toyota Starlet GT Turbo. But the problem now is that the connectors are different from mone. I'm now gonna have to find a loom and cut the connectors off. The car is driving but we have disconnected the blow-off valve to allow the boost to blow to atmosphere temporarily until I get the fuelling right. Stay tuned. In the mean time if there' anythign anybodyw ants to know go ahead and ask. At the moment the only thing on my nerve is the rattling that the intercooler makes (seeing that it's not bolted down, but suspended on the pipes, and it does vibrate on the wheel-well...need to sort that out in a minute). I drove the car last night under wide-open throttle and actually observed 1psi of boost registered on the boost gauge. Felt quite interesting too. I'll keep you posted.
Cogito ergo sum...
tango

Post by tango »

Well...I finally got the connectors for the Starlet injectors. On my next day off (not sure exactly when that is yet) I'm gonna go back to Kingston and get things straightened out..wish me luck.

~Tango.
Cogito ergo sum...
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Good luck man, put that Woo in shape and make it run like lightning. :!:
Last edited by mocpac on Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

that great!!!!!

like mocpac said luck with the proyect!
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Bringrice

Post by Bringrice »

tango wrote:Well...I finally got the connectors for the Starlet injectors. On my next day off (not sure exactly when that is yet) I'm gonna go back to Kingston and get things straightened out..wish me luck.

~Tango.
So whats the deal, any luck?

Take some pictures
When hitting it from behind, I prefer to tap it "Daewoo Style"
tango

Post by tango »

I haven't got to Kingston yet...hopefully by Monday coming. Then I'll have the full 100 for ya...Stay tuned.
Cogito ergo sum...
FoRk
Junior

Post by FoRk »

NICE! a turbo daewoo, i think i should turbo my sisters daewoo when i do a turbo swap, hehe t-25 powered AUTO lanos, mean, anyways what size is your turbo, looks like its a nice size, anywyas give me specs on the turbo, how much pounds boost u running, everything, k bye.
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
mods: Greddy Type-S BOV, Greddy Intercooler Piping, Injen Intake, Act 2100 Clutch, Act Xact flywheel, Apexi N1 Downpipe and Catback Exhaust, MCB Set to 16 PSI, BuddyClub2 Bodykit (Not Installed) and Greddy FMIC(not installed)
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Hi Tango no hear from yo for a long time...
Some guy here told me that in the old Carolina , P.R. daewoo club was like 3 lanos turbo already... EXCELENT!!!!! :twisted: and like 5 more w\ NX,,,,
ImageImage