Turbo Aveo

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Brian5475E
Expert

Turbo Aveo

Post by Brian5475E »

ok guys I've decided to turbo my Aveo. I need to know what I need for this. I'm in the U.S. so my aveo has the Lanos drivetrain, everything is exactly the same. I need to know what wiil fit off of any u.s. model cars. Thanks
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

This is up for debate but I think the Pontiac LeMans/Optima (which are Daewoo cars) should have the same basic 1.6L engine. (less power, older technology)

The problem is that these cars have even less aftermarket following than the Lanos does.(In north america)

I think your quest for parts lies in Europe/UK since the 1.6L engine was (is??) used in quite a few different Opel/Vauxhall vehicles. (perhaps Stef will comment on which models)

I had a 1.5L Lanos but I didn't really get into digging around for parts for the 1.5L & 1.6L because I had my heart set on a 2.0L turbo swap.

You should be able to get allmost any aftermarket engine part for the 1.6L DOHC but I'm not sure about a turbo kit.

For some reason I thought Opel might have had a 1.6L turbo at one time.... it might have been a prototype.... I'm not sure since I really don't know a whole lot about the 1.6L at this point.

A few weeks ago I posted some information on a German company that supplies parts for the 1.6L DOHC engines and 2.0L engines.... if you check their site you might be surprized at the goodies available.

I kinda wish I would have kept my Lanos and used it as my sole project car.... that way I could have ripped it apart and kept driving my Optra as my daily driver.

The only real way to ensure that the engines are identical is to disasseble a Daewoo 1.6L DOHC and compare it to the European 1.6L DOHC
blueagaveo

Post by blueagaveo »

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

NICE!!!!! most of that should work for the Lanos too then if not all.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

damn that is a steal of a deal.

I have spended more then $5000 and still nothing installed
T18SED Engine.

phatslaya

Post by phatslaya »

Would this turbo kit bable to be used on the optra ? 2.0L engine ?
wolfhound
Junior

Post by wolfhound »

Just thought I would let you guys from the other side of the world know, that Opel (GM) South Africa are bringing in the new Opel Corsa OPC. Thats the smaller brother to the Astra.

I think they are fully imported from Europe and run a 1600 16V Turbo. kicking out 141kW. +- 190bhp.

Niiiiiiice

Séan
Séan Brennan
1600 DOHC 16v
Turbo TD04
Wiseco Pistons
ex - 17" TSW Freeze
Yokohama Parado 205/40s
NOW = 18" TSW Terra's
Pirelli 215/35 P Zero Nero tyres