I'm just curious
Doing it so, is a good way for running safe and getting some 20-30 extra ponies
There some DIY on the net like this one http://www.turbomirage.com/water.html
Or some brands like Devils Own or AEM doing some good quality kits

Have you ever thought about it ?
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
daewoomofo

Re: Is there any Woo running water/meth?

Post by daewoomofo »

i believe exist3nce is running it on his optra

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I allready have all the parts for water/meth..... just trying to get some time to drop it into the GSi.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

i'm planning on stalling a kit in my GST
juts wanted to see the gains people have reached with it
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Yes I am running it on my setup. It automatically comes on at about 4psi. I love it, its equivalent to running a higher octane gas!
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

was it easy to tune?
how much water/meth?
which kit is it ?
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Nubira2.2 wrote:was it easy to tune?
how much water/meth?
which kit is it ?
Its not that hard to tune..... but I only have experience with water/meth..... not meth alone. Basically I would start off by injecting 10% of the total fuel you are using. For example, lets say you have 300cc/min injectors x4 and they're running 50% duty cycle. So your total fuel is 300x4x0.5 = 600cc/min. Start with 60cc/min water/meth and see how it goes from there. If its too much, you will feel it start to bog and/or misfire. The best is to dial it in on a dyno so you can do back to back runs and observe power changes.

My kit is a custom kit pieced together with different parts, but the pump is a pretty common one that lots of kits use.

This is the pump:
http://www.maperformance.com/coolingmis ... -pump.html
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

yes i have water meth in my woo, works awesome because u can run at high boost!!
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Personally I like Aquamist for their nozzles.

I have a 150PSI shur-flow pump that is specifically designed with methanol/water in mind.

I also have an Aquamist check valve..... a check valve is very important.

The reason for this is that engine will suck in meth/water under vacuum (sucks it through pump )

Most check valves for this purpose will not allow water/meth to flow until 15psi of pressure is created.

The Aquamist nozzles are fairly unique and in my opinion are far more advanced than your standard jet ( basicly a piece of brass with a hole in it )

I currently have two 0.5mm injectors and they are meant to run at roughly 6 Bar ( 90psi )

I don't have a management system in place but I will simply create a circuit board and make it boost dependent

I might even use the Greddy E-Manage aux injector driver circuit to control the pulse width sent to the meth/water pump.

That is to say I may design it so that I can control the pressure and delivery of meth/water through the E-Manage

If after adding Meth/Water injection I still can't get the stock ECU + Emanage to behave exactly how I want it.... I will gut the system and replace it with a standalone management system.

I've already removed the connector pack from a spare Auto Nubi ECU.... and I will start designing a harness connection for a Megasquirt system just in case.

I've already made myself a nice 15 liter ( 4 Gallon ) reservoir that will be put into the trunk... I have all the fittings... just need to get some 3/8 hose rated for 150PSI WP and install the system.

Personally I think most kits are way overpriced.... buying the best components out there a typical system should not cost more than $200 plus your labor.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

PrecisionBoost wrote: I have a 150PSI shur-flow pump that is specifically designed with methanol/water in mind.

I also have an Aquamist check valve..... a check valve is very important.

The reason for this is that engine will suck in meth/water under vacuum (sucks it through pump )

Most check valves for this purpose will not allow water/meth to flow until 15psi of pressure is created.

Personally I think most kits are way overpriced.... buying the best components out there a typical system should not cost more than $200 plus your labor.
I believe the pump you are referring to is the same one I am using, and that comes with most of the kits.

Also, you would only have the issue of vacuum sucking through the system if you install the nozzle after the throttle plate. From my experience, you will get better atomization if you put the nozzle a bit earlier in the charge pipe before the throttle body where there is no vacuum. To prevent the water/meth from draining back down into the tank when the system is off, I use a return style system with a solenoid in the last 5 inches of hose that lets the liquid flow into the nozzle. Also there is a adjustable pressure regulator in the return line that allows me to fine tune the flow.

I agree on the pricing, if you can do the labour yourself, you can save a lot.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Even if you go before the throttle plate your system will see vacuum under normal operating conditions.

So parital throttle at 2500RPM you car will be sucking fluid through the hose unless you have a solinoid valve inline or a check valve
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

Im planning on using the pump Coolingmist sells is Shur flow too

i don't know what would be better a solenoid or the checkvalve

in the DIY they say to use a 3/8 high pressure fuel hose, in the already made kits they use 1/4 nylon tubing
would that make any difference ?

for 300-350 whp what size of nozzle should i use ?
biondi

Post by biondi »

I'm also using water/methanol kit on my lacetti.
And my purpose is lowering EGT.

My pump is a custom modified Coolingmist.
Remove pressure regulating circuit and attached some tubing and spped controller for adjusting pumping pressure without pump motor stop. And it makes to adjust pumping pressure 0 to over 10kgf/cm2 freely.

And.... Solenoid valve is far better than check valve, of course...
8X6 nylon tubing will be best choice.
Because it is cheap and easy to buy, and easy to connect just with one touch fittings.
And if you use electronic pressure switch, you can adjust boost pressure to inject in cabin...

You can see some pics on my post.
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=11060

Nubira2.2 wrote:Im planning on using the pump Coolingmist sells is Shur flow too

in the DIY they say to use a 3/8 high pressure fuel hose, in the already made kits they use 1/4 nylon tubing

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Nubira2.2 wrote:Im planning on using the pump Coolingmist sells is Shur flow too

I have high pressure 3/8 hose going to a brass Tee that will then go off to two 0.5mm Aquamist nozzles.

Coolingmist Sur-flow pump is what I have as well.

As far as solinoid vs checkvalve..... checkvalve is mechanical and does not require power.... so it's more reliable.

Solinoid on the other hand is controllable for when you turn the spray on and off.... it's more precise than just the pump itself.

I'm wanting to continue injecting after throttle let off.... so I'm not going with the solinoid to start with.

With just a check valve the nozzles will continue to spray for a few seconds until the pressure in the line drops to 1BAR.

Given the Aquamist nozzles are designed for roughly 6 BAR of pressure it means that a fair amount of pressure will have to be released before the check valve kicks in.

For me this is fine.... the factory ECU is horrible and cuts injector duty cycle to 0% right after throttle let off.... which causes a lean knock for one cycle.

I was thinking of going away from sequential to batch fire to solve this ( or add further injectors ) but I'm thinking that the 50/50 Water/Methanol will help with the lean condition on let off.

Alternatively I was thinking of locking the throttle position sensor up at 2% to make sure the ECU doesn't drop to 0% duty cycle.

Oh as a side note.... my Aquamist nozzles have a 4mm input.... that's barely larger than 1/8"..... so it is strange that they want 3/8" hose for the primary lead.

I think you could drop down to 1/4" nylon hose... which usually is rated around 140psi to 160psi ( roughly 10 Bar just like the pump )

If you go to 3/8" nylon it usually drops the pressure rating to 90psi (6bar )

I went with a reinforced 3/8" good for 240psi
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Here.... download this.... it's the Aqumist fitting guide.... http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/system1s.zip

This will give you a graph on the nozzle diameter versus pressure versus flow.

As I said.... I'm running two 0.5mm nozzles
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos