Turbo Lanos Complete [Need Part Number For Colder Plugs]

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewhorider
Junior

Turbo Lanos Complete [Need Part Number For Colder Plugs]

Post by daewhorider »

Yup its been about 15 hours now of hard work, sweat, lots of blood, and cigarettes but i think i am finally done. Everythings installed but i now have 2 roadblocks..... A. My oil sandwich comes in about 12 hours and i pray this one will work, and B. I think i am going to be afraid to start the car in fear of disapointment when something blows up. I will keep you guys updated and ill take some pics of how i did it and possibly do a write up later but for now heres what i did. I removed both radiator fans and terminated my a/c compressor to fit the turbo in, initially i had a five inch pipe from the header to the turbo but had i stuck with that it would have been catastrophic due to the oil return being 1.5 inches from the ground and having it running completely uphill, now the turbo is connected directly at the exhaust of the manifold and rather then spending time fitting an intercooler i just straightpiped it to the intake for now. If all goes to plan (almost never does) I should be boosting about 4 psi tomorow with an ideal/rich fuel ratio. After doing my home work and thanks to gse_turbo I bought a missing link valve which took all of about 3 minutes to instal so thats how im going to do the map sensor. Ive got the rising rate regulator installed and i hope i did not criss-cross the inlet/outlet, So other then that im pretty much set, believe it or not the things i had the most difficultty with were the gauges those took about 6 hours just because the web of wires was overwhelming. In the near future i will have an aem piggyback installed to control the fuel better snd more importantly retard the timing once that is done i will intercool the woo and run it at about 8 or 9 psi. Well wish me luck and if i get a chance tomorrow ill take some detailed pics of the entire setup so that anyone else interested will have an idea of what it will take to get it done. BTW total project cost was about 8 or 9 hundred..... Less then my rims and tires, So this is very do-able.
Last edited by daewhorider on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

post some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

very nice, look forward to the pics! good job ;)

Garrett
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

Ok well the pictures are on my cardomain page just because i dont have time to post them here. my page is in my sig
Me car
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

im jealous u should post it on How to section (setting up turbo for lanos 1.6) :D :p
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Not running an intercooler? Detonation not worry you with all that hot compressed air being forced in? I know you've got a RR FPR, and say you'll have an ideal rich a/f ratio [which would obviously stop detonation], but is that under boost? DId you do much to the compression of the engine?

[quote]Ive got the rising rate regulator installed and i hope i did not criss-cross the inlet/outlet[quote]

Easily done, even easier fixed :P The fuel in usually has a sticker hanging off it, a warning sticker. If it doesnt, just wind the car over with them detached and see what one fuel spits out off. Be careful though and put the hoses into containers or away from the car/engine. Squirts out a lotta juice.
SAZ
---------------------
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Yeah...lack of an intercooler scares me too. You could've gotten a side mount or a small one. Compressing air will heat it greatly. Add to that the fact that you have your pipes running RIGHT in front of the exhaust manifold. Normal intake temps range from 110 to about 140 F. You'll be close to 180 or more....if the IAT sensor gets those readings, it will lean out your motor...regardless of what FPR you have, the computer will signal the injectors to shoot LESS fuel and detonation might occur.

Be VERY VERY careful.
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

Yes yes i know but im not too worried about it. I dont have the IAT sensor in the piping ive got it hanging in the hole from my old intake, and i will be intercooling it when im running more boost but right now im boosting 4 psi with spikes to 5 and i havent heard a single detonation, if i do believe me im garaging the car until more IC pipes come, b/c i have the intercooler but its just not in the car due to fitment issues plus the fact that im not running more then 4 psi until i retard the timing. Once i have the timing retarded im getting some low compression pistons from garret probably at something like 7.5.1 and a steel head gasket, possibly a port and polish on the head while the rods are in the shop for rebalancing plus adaptation to a wet float bearing. As it stands im more worried about cooling b/c i dont have any radiator fans :~D. If it gets bad though im already in the process of trimming the fans to fit in front of my now useless a/c condensor.
Me car
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

lol if you guys look at my pics you can see the melted plastic from my o2 sensor wire sleeve on my exhaust manifold. Im going to have to re route my oil line as well because it is right in the line of fire. As a side note i havent detonated at all under boost with the regulator i got even with the really hot temps. But you guys are right i do have a few kinks to work out to avoid engine failure but for now it actually runs very smoothly and pretty damn rich according to A. The smell it makes. and B. The A/F guage. Tomorrow im getting the exhaust connected so that i can actually be able to hear all of the finer things going on and im moving my 02 sensor behind my second cat. I think the part i love most of it is the turbo spool and even though i havent given it full throttle yet the car pulls really strong which makes me happy.
Me car
wolfhound
Junior

Post by wolfhound »

What pictures ?

Where are they brother ?

Sean
Séan Brennan
1600 DOHC 16v
Turbo TD04
Wiseco Pistons
ex - 17" TSW Freeze
Yokohama Parado 205/40s
NOW = 18" TSW Terra's
Pirelli 215/35 P Zero Nero tyres
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

wolfhound wrote:What pictures ?

Where are they brother ?

Sean
click on the link in his signature, it will take you to his cardomain page, there are pics there.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!