Nubaroo 400M @ 13.28 secs/182KM/H

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nubaroo
Expert

Nubaroo 400M @ 13.28 secs/182KM/H

Post by Nubaroo »

Hi guys. Ran my Daewoo @ Nitro raceway today and ran a 13.28sec/180KM/H 400M Picked up a problem with my 5 year old dumpvalve and could not register any faster times - had to modify the dumpvalve to just get a few runs in, but battled to get the car to boost @ 1.4bar. Here is an "clock vid" of the run, as well of one with the sound of the car with the broken valve - sounds awesome but does not work too well ime to upgrade to an Excell one?? Youtube sometyimes report a video "as no longer available" so if you can`t see them please try again later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCXglSawpCY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCXglSawpCY

Or if Youtube is lthargic I also posted on Photobuckett
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa14 ... 80KMpH.flv

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa14 ... pvalve.flv

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa14 ... ficate.jpg

PS...The certificate time is lower than my actual best for the day, as I missed the 15H00 cut off time for results used due to the broken dumpvalve, and only ran my best after 15H00
Nothing is impossible....it just costs more!!!!\

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

368KW/611Nm on wheels @ 2.4bar
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Knew you'd get into the 13's with that sotra power, congrats man. that's one quick car :)

As for the dumpvalve, lol although it does sound cool. Isnt that noise the compressed air being forced back through the turbo when the butteryfly in your inlet manifold closes? Have heard too many different reasons for that type of noise, a 'chatter'. Whether it be the turbo 'stalling' or the air being chopped as it's forced back through the turbo, i'm still not sure, but it does sound pretty cool :)
SAZ
---------------------
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

woow very fast woo!!!!!!
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Pir0 wrote:Knew you'd get into the 13's with that sotra power, congrats man. that's one quick car :)

As for the dumpvalve, lol although it does sound cool. Isnt that noise the compressed air being forced back through the turbo when the butteryfly in your inlet manifold closes? Have heard too many different reasons for that type of noise, a 'chatter'. Whether it be the turbo 'stalling' or the air being chopped as it's forced back through the turbo, i'm still not sure, but it does sound pretty cool :)
I think it is the air being chopped as you said - but this excessive pressure buildup is not good for the turbo, and it popped off one of my boost pipes LOL

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Congrats on a nice run there, 13.2 @ 112mph is getting pretty fast. You should be able to beat A LOT of the expensive cars out there :)
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

exist3nce wrote:Congrats on a nice run there, 13.2 @ 112mph is getting pretty fast. You should be able to beat A LOT of the expensive cars out there :)
Thanks buddy

Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Hi all. The faulty Dumpvalve have been DUMPED, and it has been replaced with an EXCEL dump valve manufactured in South Africa. Also had the cracks in the turbo manifold welded and had the turbo serviced with a new service kit. Hoping to get the car on the Dyno @ 1.6bar before race day - 7 September 2008 - just to double check fuelling and to get a new power printout. With the expected additional power output - I am guestimating round 280KW/500NM at the wheels, and a working dumpvalve, and gearshifts faster than the speed of light I could POSSIBLY crack a high 12.99 sec 1/4 mile provide I don`t break anything??? Also remeber this is the airstrip where we are running at so the traction is NOT GOOD!!! On the 14th September 2008 there is a Hot Hatch festival at our main dragstrip - Tarlton. With the decent grip there I am also hopimg for 12 second runs????

Is there a Woo running 12`s yet????

Will post vids and graph etc. ASAP.

Cheers

nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

wow your nubi have a lot of power, good luck bro.........
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

wow should be interesting to see what your new dyno and drag times are! Good luck and i hope you don't break anything.

I just ran a 14.5 last week, so I know how much harder it is to run low 13's or even 12's - you need a perfect launch and good traction. I think I need better tires to get my times alot lower, but money is kind of tight now. What kind of tires are you running and what size?
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

nexia182 wrote:wow your nubi have a lot of power, good luck bro.........
Thanks bud good luck to you too with the 12`s :D :D

Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

exist3nce wrote:wow should be interesting to see what your new dyno and drag times are! Good luck and i hope you don't break anything.

I just ran a 14.5 last week, so I know how much harder it is to run low 13's or even 12's - you need a perfect launch and good traction. I think I need better tires to get my times alot lower, but money is kind of tight now. What kind of tires are you running and what size?
Thanks bud - some nice runs there - 14.5 secs on street tyres is excellent. I ran 14.6 secs on street tyres when my car was still running 0.9bar boost with 195KW on the wheels. My 1/4 mile time came down to 14.2 seconds using semi slicks, just because I could launch harder with less wheelspin :D :D :D I am currently Running 205/45/17 Toyo R888 Semis on the car permanently - the same ones was used on my 13.2sec 1/4mile, and the same ones I am gonna use on the 7th and 14th :D :D

Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Here is a vid of my car today 7 September 2008 - 13.413 secs @ 178KM/H
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa14 ... eo_002.flv

Not quite what I expected after cranking the boost to 1.5bar and making the following on Saturday afternoon

But there was a serious headwind, and the temp at the track was round 28 deg, so I suppose it is not too bad
Howver there was a "flatspot " round 6000rpm - needs to be sorted out ASAP- If you check the revcounter in 2nd gear you will see the revs and speedo "stops" momenteraly at 90KM/H and then carries on......

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa14 ... 1video.flv

Also the new Excell dumpvalve sound normal UNDER 1 bar boost (whoosh) but over one bar you can hear the "turbo flutter" - is this OK????

exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

I love the little surge sound when you let off or change gears, sounds sweeet! 352 lb ft and 364hp is fantastic! How is your transmision and motor mounts still in one piece lol?

Any plans next, or just going to enjoy it now ?
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

exist3nce wrote:I love the little surge sound when you let off or change gears, sounds sweeet! 352 lb ft and 364hp is fantastic! How is your transmision and motor mounts still in one piece lol?

Any plans next, or just going to enjoy it now ?
Thanks buddy for ur kind words :D - for now I am also not going to spend more money....unless anything breaks LOL! I am surprised that the F18 tranny and engine mounts still hold :shock: The other day I was testing the car in the street, hit some uneven tar and the jerking on the motor snapped the back gearbox mount :cry: Fortunately the one that broke was one installed recently ( a bit softer than the original one ) and I had the old one(harder rubber) handy to just replace :D I am going to the last races for the year (for me anyway) this Sunday 14 September. It is a propper race track. Hopefully the "miss/flatspot" around 6000rpm will be sorted and traction will be better. It would be fantastic if I could get the car in the 12`s :D . After the race meet I am going to crank the boost down to 0.9bar and just enjoy it till next year. Next year I will be looking at an F23 Getrag or F28 getrag box, an LSD, a bigger intercooler, 73mm exhaust and some 1000cc injectors with a ballbearing turbo:D :D :D Then the games begin all over again :roll: :roll: :roll: The surge from the Excell dumpvalve does sound sweet - below 0.8 bar boost it has a nice WHOOOSH, and above that it has that "fluter" sound :D Will post some vids and pics after the meeting.

Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

going to Tarlton?

very nice car you have!! enjoy it!
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph