Need lanos 2.0 swap info

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Need lanos 2.0 swap info

Post by kinkyllama »

I had all the info put together on my comp but it crashed and I'm unsure if I lost my info. There are no well organized posts about it either.

Okay so I need:
-2.0 engine :lol:
-New mounts (Garrett how are those coming? my emails down)
-Only can have a/c or power steering
-Use 2.0s ECU to run the engine
-Should I use the lanos factory ECU to run everything other than the engine related stuff?
-Will I need to find an accessory belt that will fit or will the 2.0s belt work?
-Is the lanos fuel pump the same as the forenzas? If not then how much whp do you guys think it can support?

Where can I find a lanos service manual for free?

What's the best way about doing this engine swap without a lift? Any tips...? I've never done an engine swap or any tranny work.

How is it driving a car without power steering? Also what would make me more power, leaving off power steering or a/c?

Thanks guys!,
Danny
Last edited by kinkyllama on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I'm having new mount brackets done after some last minute testing, same with the PS pump bracket, had to drop the location another inch.

if you go with the power steering I'll have the belts all squared away (with and without UD pulley)

the tensioner has surprisingly give me a couple fit issues as well but all was figured out this weekend.

as for driving without PS I would have recommended using a shorter belt and bypassing the pump on your car to get the feeling but I don't think that is possible with the belt layout.

I would go without A/C first, the pump is always pulling power out of the motor even when it's not being used and when the A/C clutch is engaged it takes even more. at least with the PS pump it may take power from the motor but you are always benefiting from it.

...then again I live in Colorado and we have more cold days than hot so I can deal with it.

Garrett
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

gse_turbo wrote:I'm having new mount brackets done after some last minute testing, same with the PS pump bracket, had to drop the location another inch.

if you go with the power steering I'll have the belts all squared away (with and without UD pulley)

the tensioner has surprisingly give me a couple fit issues as well but all was figured out this weekend.

as for driving without PS I would have recommended using a shorter belt and bypassing the pump on your car to get the feeling but I don't think that is possible with the belt layout.

I would go without A/C first, the pump is always pulling power out of the motor even when it's not being used and when the A/C clutch is engaged it takes even more. at least with the PS pump it may take power from the motor but you are always benefiting from it.

...then again I live in Colorado and we have more cold days than hot so I can deal with it.

Garrett
Okay thank you. Any idea on time frame?

I think my friend has a civic without power steering...I give that a drive and see how it feels. Anyone know what the factory wheels weight? When I get aftermarket wheels they'll probably be light and help lighten up the steering.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

I weighed my factory steelies and they are 33lbs with tire not sure what the sport rims weigh
2.0 engine swap in the works
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you should be able to use the 1.6 ecu on the 2.0, i think i remember seeing some where that its ok (but i may be wrong). its not too bad with no power steering, the only time you will even notice it is when you are turning from a dead stop, once your moving its almost the same as with power steering. if you can rent a chery picker, parts stores usually have a loan a tool program that means you pay for it, use it and return it (thats actually how it works, your not scamming the store). pulling the engine is EASY, just pay attention and you should be good

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

greenbluewoo wrote:I weighed my factory steelies and they are 33lbs with tire not sure what the sport rims weigh
The seller of my lanos had an extra tire in the trunk. It's a sigma tire (no idea wtf that brand is) 185/65/14 and weights 16lbs. It probably has half it's tread.

That's good to hear though. I'll probably get a 16x7 under 14lbs.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Re: Need lanos 2.0 swap info

Post by kinkyllama »

kinkyllama wrote: -Is the lanos fuel pump the same as the forenzas? If not then how much whp do you guys think it can support?
Added this questions
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

daewoomofo wrote:you should be able to use the 1.6 ecu on the 2.0, i think i remember seeing some where that its ok (but i may be wrong).
Have any hard info on this?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

99 perecnt sure i rear about it on the 2.0 nubi in egypt project that mm was involved in. cant fnd the info though

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

daewoomofo wrote:99 perecnt sure i rear about it on the 2.0 nubi in egypt project that mm was involved in. cant fnd the info though
Where is everyone that did 2.0 swaps anyways, aren't there several of them?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

eljunito did the swap

Lanos and Nubira ECUs are interchangeable

1.6 lanos will run better with a 1.5 ECU
i ran my 2.2 leganza engine with a 2.0 ecu
eljunito had tried leganza ecu in a 1.6

lanos fuel pump will make 2.0 2.2 engine run lean
the car will stal
but u can swap the fuel pump with no problem
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

if your going to buy a new fuel pump just do what debo did and buy a srt-4 pump you can get them for $100 shipped from ebay and it comes with everything you need oh yeah debo shows you how to swap them on his turbo build I thinks on page 3
2.0 engine swap in the works
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Nubira2.2 wrote:eljunito did the swap

Lanos and Nubira ECUs are interchangeable

1.6 lanos will run better with a 1.5 ECU
i ran my 2.2 leganza engine with a 2.0 ecu
eljunito had tried leganza ecu in a 1.6

lanos fuel pump will make 2.0 2.2 engine run lean
the car will stal
but u can swap the fuel pump with no problem
The 2.0 ECU you used, was it from a vehicle with a return fuel system or returnless? The 2.2 and 1.6 use a return system, correct?

Sorry I should have been more clear. What I want to know is what’s the best way to swap in a 2.0, have it run healthy, and be able to keep all the accessories (stereo, windshield wipers, lights, ect) working as far as the ECUs go?

I’d prefer to only use the 2.0 ECU but I’d imagine that wouldn’t be fun to wire up if it’s possible. The 2.0 (U20SED) uses a returnless system and doesn’t have ABS.

I’d think the factory 1.6 fuel pump could keep up with a mildly tuned 2.0. A few of you 1.6 guys are probably making as much power if not more to the wheels as a factory 2.0 without changing the fuel pump.

greenbluewoo wrote:if your going to buy a new fuel pump just do what debo did and buy a srt-4 pump you can get them for $100 shipped from ebay and it comes with everything you need oh yeah debo shows you how to swap them on his turbo build I thinks on page 3
I’ll look into that for sure. Any idea on how much it can flow, or better yet how much power it can support? The walbro pumps are cheap too and it was easy to get one into my lacetti.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Sorry I should have been more clear. What I want to know is what’s the best way to swap in a 2.0, have it run healthy, and be able to keep all the accessories (stereo, windshield wipers, lights, ect) working as far as the ECUs go?

As far as cosmetics like that go, they run off a seperate ecu. They dont go into the Engine loom.

Only things that do are dash things, warning lights, rev counter, digital dash if you have one. All the rest, the the indicator stalks, light switches etc run off a seperate loom
SAZ
---------------------
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Pir0 wrote:As far as cosmetics like that go, they run off a seperate ecu. They dont go into the Engine loom.

Only things that do are dash things, warning lights, rev counter, digital dash if you have one. All the rest, the the indicator stalks, light switches etc run off a seperate loom
So with only a 2.0 ECU I can get everything on my lanos working correctly?

What about the ABS? I think I have it, waiting to confirm in another thread
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport