My upped ride **PICS**

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

hahahahaha now thats funny

dont you see we are having some fun with you?

as for the canadian, he is wayyyy broke
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
daew0wned

Post by daew0wned »

no shit he is
im dumb, im a dickhead
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

ohh....I see a big flame and a knives being throwed when Chris sees this. I'll tell you this... the only great mustang ever made was back in the 60's, and unfortunately thats when it ended. You can put everything you can in any mustang, call it Cobra or whatever name you fancy, its still an inferior design that is only meant to go somewhat quick in a straight line. Mustangs come out of the bends backwards...they just dont handle. Why build a modern car, and give it prehistoric suspension setup from the early 19th century?? Even to make it somewhat handle, people from Roush had to take it to Germany and have some German engineers play with it on Nürburgring (if you know what that is).... still it was beaten by plastic european toaster with a tiny 1.8l motor as seen below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NZpS_gndDE

Why would you find Mustangs being popular only in North America? Because the rest of the world simply does not want to buy this vehicle designed to go in a straight line (but then again, if one get driver's license after studying for 10m I would not expect them do know how to take a corner) , kill the Earth with its emissions, gets 10mpg and is simply rubbish... In europe, my friend, you can get track-ready diesel hot-hatch (such as Astra 888) that would do 34mpg while on the track. On the other hand, Daewoos are sold worldwide so they must not be popular??? Oh, get a life. So why don't you shove your money where your mouth is, and instead following your government's attitude of putting their noses into other countries' affairs, go back to your basement and jackoff while playing your NFS, eat burgers and get fat. You are simply a disease and the other wonderful members of this board are the cure.....

Post by daew0wned »

wow buddy, your way too concerned about this. wtf does the government have to do with this! lol your funny. this is exactly what i intended to do posting here, get all you crazy idiots who go nuts over a car to give theyre full blown nonsense arguement. and you keep talking about mustangs like ive been saying theyre the best car ever... when did i ever advocate mustangs? i just said theyre faster than daewoos which they are. i myself am partial to italian designs, and the only american car i really like is the z06 vette. i bet you watch a lot of top gear right? and why do you keep bringing up handling of mustangs?? i dont see why thats relavent. because once again i never started talking about the reasons why mustangs are better, i dont even care bout mustangs. just go crash your gay little hatchback into an embankment.

when was the last time a daewoo won a meaningfull race?
im dumb, im a dickhead
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Uh.... how about the World Touring Car Championship???

Ok... I pay more taxes in a month than you make in a year... so ya.... no cash here what so ever.

Daewoo = Opel/Vauxhall/Holden = General Motors

In my garage is a Daewoo Nubira 2.0L engine that will make more power and torque than this Kenny Bell Supercharged Mustang engine your talking about.

Even in it's de-tuned state (236whp thanks to a weak transmission) it still managed to hand my Mazdaspeed3 it's ass about a month ago. (completely blew my doors off when it managed to get traction in 4th gear)

In case you didn't know this..... the Mazdaspeed3 is faster than the much heavier Mazdaspeed6.... the MS3 will pull ahead 2-3 carlengths in front of the MS6 during the 1/4 mile.

I imported two 6spd gearboxes from England this year and both will allow me to bring that power level up by at least another 150whp to 250whp (depending on which one I use)

Additionally I should be able to drop the weight another 200lbs

Daewoo: 450whp and 2000lbs should equate to a 9.57 ET ( http://robrobinette.com/et.htm )

Cobra: 569whp and 3500lbs shoudl equate to a 10.67 ET

Last time I checked a full second difference is a huge margin...... the Cobra would have zero chance

If you have $20K you can pick up a 746whp "off the shelf" 2.0L turbo from a company called DMAX in Germany... this is a direct bolt in on any Nubira, Leganza, Lanos (and pretty much any other Daweoo product )

What happens when you drop a 746whp 2.0L turbo into a 2200 lb Daewoo??

Well.... it pretty much kills everything including 1000whp Supras.... it should run an 8.35s 1/4 mile if the traction is there.

There are lots of guys in other countries running extreemly quick 1/4 mile.... here is an Opel Kadett ( Daewoo Nexia) doing a 10.4s 1/4 mile
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CgdfsPw9LNw

The whole point of this site is to show that Daewoo's are just some crap box made in Korea, they are cheap to buy and they will go like hell with a few thousand dollars investment.

Most Daewoo owners buy the car because it's cheap and they have absolutely no clue that it's a GM vehicle.

Most can only dream of dropping in a 350whp motor, as many guys here don't have the cash to make their car go fast.

For $15K I can hand you they keys to a Daewoo Lanos that nobody will take seriously, but yet it will kick the crap out of that mustang.

When it comes down to sleepers, there is nothing out there that even comes close.

Imagine rolling up to some guy who has dropped $35K into his Supra and telling him you will race for pink slips plus $5K.

The guy isn't going to think twice and he will laugh just as you laugh at this site right now.

But in the end you will have a nice Supra and $5K in your pocket.

I'm not saying all this to convince you..... I could give a shit what you do with your life....... I'm saying this for all those out there that have no idea that their engine is a proven race engine.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
daew0wned

Post by daew0wned »

OOOO pink slips, another person who watches too much TV

and if YOU knew anythign about cars you wouldnt have posted any of that bullshit right there. from what ive seen your car does not make 350whp, and even if it did its still not close to the +500whp of that cobra. and why do you fucktards keep bringing up mustangs??? i dont talk about mustangs wow! but i will right now since you people are stuck on them and cant get it out of your fucking minds that i dont care about mustang, i just googled a pic and said i owned one

do you think that real life is like a fast and the furious movie? talkin about rollin up on someone and challenging them for a pinkslip? you need to get some sort of reality check real fast

10.4 speed? BIG DEAL a kb cobra or ported eaton+spray can run that number on a STOCK FUCKING LONGBLOCK your talking about a 20k race motor, ok homo, do the same with a cobra not to mention, a cobra is WAY easier to set up for drag racing since it is rwd.

a set of sfc's, full cage (necessary in all cars that fast), a ford 8.8 or 9" and whatever tranny u want (stock t-56 or a built th400, w/e), and ur cobra is set. but the point is, building a fwd car for drag racing is dumb.

a cobra has manly forged pistons and rods, forged crank, iron block from the factory good for 700whp just bolt on a kb and supporting mods and u have it. sure, the pistons should be replaced over 650 or 700 hp to be safe, but w.e. but the daewoo you have to mod the entire car.

i love how you talk about "bolting in" a 740hp race motor, 740 hp would require a full cage, body strengthening, new trans,axels, etc

there is so much wrong with your arguement
im dumb, im a dickhead
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

You just don't get it do you?

Use the ET calculator and fool with weight and horsepower.

A lighter car does not need as much power to get the same ET.

10.4 does not require a roll cage just a roll bar if the stock firewall and foorboards are intact ( NHRA rules )

I've worked on turbocharged and supercharged 5.0L Fords.... you are the one dreaming if you think it won't cost as much or more than the 2.0L turbo engines.

I don't have a $20K motor... I have a $5K motor built by a local race engine building company that gave warranty up to 650whp.

As I said.... right now the tranny is weak.... so I can't push it.... but 6 months from now it will have a nice new 6spd gearbox.

So.... $3K for the car.... $5K for the longblock.... $2K for the tranny.... $1K for the LSD.... $1K for drag slicks/centerline wheels.... $1K for new drive shafts.... $1K for a roll bar and install.... $500 for seats and harness..... $2K for electronics/fuel pump/fuel injectors..... $2K for the manifolds/turbo/intercooler

So that's just under $20K for a 10 second car

How can you go wrong?
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

daew0wned wrote:IM BACK BITCHES!!!!
do you actually have a car?
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

as far as i can see he got access to a PC with internet connection and thats all.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

ummm, why are you talking about putting GM trannies in a ford produce? th400 is a gm transmission.. in fact thats the tranny that my uncle runs in his 8 second 79 malibu. so since you dont own a daewoo, or a rustang, what do you drive?
Last edited by daewoomofo on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

and big deal if you haveto build a stronger engine. the new engine, tranny, suspesion an all other mods will cost less than a piece of american muscle did new, with out all of the "go fast mods". also if you have to ask why we mod our woo's (as the old saying goes) if you have to ask you dont need to know the answer

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

MMamdouh wrote:as far as i can see he got access to a PC with internet connection and thats all.

MMamdouh
haha! next he'll be like... yeah my Dell is wayyy better than your IBM...

I'll get things rolling...

compaq f500
twin processor

lol
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Just gotta say...I'm enjoying reading this.

I know he says he's not talking about mustangs but I want to know...how much does that cobra cost? (I'm guessing around 65,000) There's one for sale locally for 7900...it's a 98 but it has the build sheets and stuff with it and makes 300 hp at the wheels...I've tried to find a value on it but can't. The engine is signed,stamped and numbered if that means anything. Anyone know what it's worth?

Anyway the new mustangs by roush that make over 500 horsepower cost around 70,000. So, If I bought a daewoo lanos dropped in the 20 k engine pb mentioned and a F28 gearbox built to handle it and new axles etc. I'm guessing I would have 30-40 k in it total and have a car which would look slow but be fast enough to hand it to Vipers, and probably hang with the lingenfelter (spelling?) Corvettes.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

what is it with american engines? 5.0 v8 producing 300hp? hand that engine to Top Secret and you'll probly end up with around 2000hp... seeing as they can get 700-900hp out of 2.0 4cyl lumps.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

and with a mustang you do need to mod the whole car, if you had researched at all you would know that mustangs are unibody, that requires mods to have a strong enough chassis. and thats not just a cheap pair of bolt on frame ties, thats an extencive modification, and good luck with traction on the stock suspension with 650 whp, so thats more money spent.