Turbo Optra - Now on tuned Haltech @ 225whp

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Lamborgini112

Post by Lamborgini112 »

Nubira2.2 wrote:did the 255 increased your fuel pressure ?
if so u may be thinking of getting a FPR

installing them in a Nubira o Leganza is easy

that pump should be good for 400+ whp
unfortunately the nubira and leganza use a full return setup type fuel system and the Optra/Forenza doesn't. This makes running a standard FPR very difficult. Although AEM recently came out with Fuel controller that is designed for returnless fuel system cars that looks promising.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Lamborgini112 wrote:
Nubira2.2 wrote:did the 255 increased your fuel pressure ?
if so u may be thinking of getting a FPR

installing them in a Nubira o Leganza is easy

that pump should be good for 400+ whp
unfortunately the nubira and leganza use a full return setup type fuel system and the Optra/Forenza doesn't. This makes running a standard FPR very difficult.

As lamborgini112 says, it is returnless and regulated in tank by the regulator that is built into the pump basket. Fuel pressure remained the same after the new pump, and everything works just like it did before. Altho the Walbro is much louder than the stock pump... you can hear it from both inside and outside the car, but it sounds kinda cool so its ok lol
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Nemasys
Junior

Post by Nemasys »

Post video! :D
exist3nce
Expert

Transmission mount

Post by exist3nce »

I've gotten really tired of the soggy motor mounts on this car.... and I have my first track day coming up soon (curvy track/circuit).

The biggest problem seems to be the upper transmission mount. I've tried to fill it before several times with different materials, but none has lasted more than a week or 2. I've tried metal epoxy and that was very nice and stiff, but ended up cracking and coming out in little pieces. Then I tried some black RTV gasket sealant, but that was too soft and basically made no improvement over stock. Lastly I tried 3M window weld, as I heard some people has used that with success. Fail again, it popped out again within a couple weeks.

This time I am going with the "hockey puck" method which I recently heard of lol. Essentially I am cutting up a hockey puck into pieces that I can jam into the empty areas of the mount. That will be followed by some rubber cement or whatnot to hold things in place, and maybe even a metal plate welded over the ends to keep everything permanently in place.

Heres some pics so far.... (I chopped the back plate off the mount)

Image Image

Image Image
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
buddha102
Expert

Re: Stiffening the Trans Motor Mount using a hockey puck!

Post by buddha102 »

only 3 beers cmon.... u can do better :lol:

nice work man! A+! :)
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

buddha102 wrote:only 3 beers cmon.... u can do better :lol:

nice work man! A+! :)
yeah...heinekens????? i thought you canadians had good taste in beer. labatt blue all the way!
but let us know how it works out, sounds like agood idea.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

LOL @ the above posts! :lol:

The beer wasn't actually drank while working on this... but I'm pretty open to beer, I'll drink whatever is available so long as its not Guiness or anything similar.

Also the cuts and whatnot are a bit messy cause I'm doing this at home as opposed to at the shop (don't have any air tools,etc)
exist3nce
Expert

Update

Post by exist3nce »

Some further progress today...

Found some adhesive suitable for rubber that can withstand vibrations, and applied it to the pieces and inside of the mount. Then inserted pieces into the mount :)

Image Image

Image Image

Its not done yet...
Nemasys
Junior

Post by Nemasys »

Wow man, original :D I like it!

Might have to try that myself lol
2004 Aveo Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged
- T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
- HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
- FMIC with 2.5" piping
- Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

can't we just get a new mount from GM?
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Big Jeff wrote:can't we just get a new mount from GM?

Yah you can, but why would you want the same mount again? It would not help the problem at all..... I tried it a while ago. I thought maybe the mount has just gotten softer over time, but it barely made any difference. I now have 2 mounts lol.
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

ok
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

Nemasys
Junior

Post by Nemasys »

Does the tranny mount take the biggest stress from engine torque? Meaning if you only harden the tranny mount it will reduce engine movement alot, if so i'd expect the Aveo tranny mount to be similar cause id like to harden it as well
2004 Aveo Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged
- T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
- HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
- FMIC with 2.5" piping
- Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Nemasys wrote:Does the tranny mount take the biggest stress from engine torque? Meaning if you only harden the tranny mount it will reduce engine movement alot, if so i'd expect the Aveo tranny mount to be similar cause id like to harden it as well
Hey sorry for the late reply... yes it seems to take a large amount of the torque, as when I stiffened that one before it was night and day difference.
exist3nce
Expert

KVR brakes upgrade

Post by exist3nce »

I haven't installed the mount yet, so nothing to report on that.... however...

Its come to that time again where my brakes are done! I decided to go with KVR slotted rotors and semi-metallic carbon fibre pads on the front. For the rear the rotors are still ok, but I'm going with Posi-Quiet semi-metallic pads.

Image Image
Image Image

I didn't want to pay $20/rotor extra for their cadmium coating, so I just painted the rotors with VHT high temp silver to prevent rust on the non-friction areas.

Image Image

Will snap some pics of when they're installed.