1.5 Lanos Swap options in canada>> HELP NEEDED! UPDATE

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

i did miss this!! the engine looks good!

havent got the front engine mount?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hi Julia... sorry I haven't responded.... been spending my evenings working because of staff going on holidays.... went home at midnight last night.

I haven't had a chance to do anything with the manufacturing the stainless mount yet.

I will pull out my factory manual....

Ok... oil drain is normally through the "turbo block" just underneath the turbo... yours doesn't have it... just a flat surface....based upon pictures you posted

The oil supply is usually connected through a port right next to where you tapped into... but you should be fine as it stands now.

You should definitly check the oil pressure at the turbo.... you might need to install a restrictor if the pressure is too high from the port you tapped into.

The alignment of the camshaft pulley and cover is correct.... the notch and line are supposed to be aligned.

I'm reading the manual and it says " The timing mark on the crankshaft pulley should line up at 10 degrees BTDC on the indicator scale "

I can't see your indicator very well.... and I don't have one handy to check... but you might want to double check your settings.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it looks solid so far man... way to go.

the timing adjustment looks allright to me... any idea if that turbo header will fit a 1.5 SOHC??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Progress looks good Julia. As far as timing belt alignment goes, I normally used the crank pulley (with the serpentine belt pulley removed) to align the bottom end. The crank pulley has a notch, that must be aligned with the matching mark in the lower part of the oil pump. Then, if the camshaft pulley mark is aligned with the mark on the backplate (just like on your photo), your timing belt is aligned properly.

Post by exist3nce »

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what turbo is that? I like how its water cooled.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
julia

Post by julia »

Its a factory replacement garnett t25. I think they are all watercooled. a friend of mine has on on his SR20det and its also water and oil.

as far as the timing goes. Thanks for the info Tom. It looks all good i guess. We cant wait to drop this in its exciting. The only problem then is going to be the wiring/plumbing. Im still thinking of taking you up on that wiring offer. Id prefer to do it myself so i can repair it later if need be. Do you have any other diagrams ? thanks alot everyone for your input. Chris and Tom are the sh*t.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I am afraid thats all I have wiring-wise... but hey, you can always buy me a flight ticket, supply food and if I show up some time Friday morning, the car 'should' be up and running over the weekend.