307whp 'Woo! (well, kind of...)

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

I don't know what happened :shock: ... I typed up a huge engine spec sheet and poof... it's not here. Aw, that sucks! Now I have to type it all out again :x
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

Here I go again...

Engine spec sheet:

1988 GET block bored .020" over, 0-decked true to the mains, and align-honed with ARP main studs; stock, un-cut cast steel GET crank, 9# lighter than the NE/SED crank; .020-over forged GM GET pistons (8.5:1) with single intake valve "eyebrow" added for use with the Daewoo 4-valve head; factory GET rods that have had the beams polished, shot-peened and re-sized with ARP rod bolts; custom 80psi oil pump; stock oil pan and pick-up tube; GM MLS head gasket from a Z20LET (Euro-"Ecotec" turbo) with TWO Victor "head-saver" head shims, one on either side of the h.g., used to lower compression to 8.0:1; stock, unported T20SED cyl head (right off a wrecked nube with 62K miles on it); 'Woo timing belt drive; custom machined 'Woo cam gears with cam sensor lugs and counterweights removed for lightening and looks; custom remote mounted GET distributor driven off the front of the intake cam; T20SED intake manifold; 42.5# Delphi injectors; 1991 Quad4 HO 56mm throttle body, remote mounted so I could use factory Quad4 Grand Am throttle cable arrangement (and has the side benefit of an adding 60cid plenum volume, nearly double the stock plenum size!); custom 4-tube turbo header made from an Acura XS Power header and a custom T20SED exh flange; T3/T04E Super 60 (not 60-1, that's a bigger turbo), comp side .60 a/r "Super 60"-trim with std 3" inlet and 2" discharge, turbine side .84 a/r (yes, that's right .84 A/R) T3 turbine housing, custom machined GT35 turbine wheel (made by my secret turbo guy! ;) ); TiAL 38mm external wastegate; 2-1/2" downpipe which merges with the 1-5/8" w.g. dump tube 6" form the turbo into a 3" exh with no cat and a Dodge Hemi Ram truck 3" resonator as a muffler.

Tuning: MSD 6AL with built-in Soft Touch rev control and two-step rev limiter used to launch the car; NGK BKR7E plugs gapped at .028"; MSD 8.5mm Supercondutor wires; Aeromotive adj. f.p.r. set to factory specs (stock fpr on fuel rail has been gutted); stock 8deg initial timing; custom ecm tuning on factory LT3 '7749 ecm using GMPCM and Tunercat software; 2-bar MAP sensor (for now, more boost will require 3-bar conversion).

Transmission: Muncie/Getrag 282 5-speed with stock 3.61 final drive (ratios 3.50:, 2.19:, 1.38:, .94:, .75:1) my Engineered Performance Limited-Slip Differential; SPEC Stage 3+ cerametallic clutch (which is NOT holding the power as they said it would, even after a long break-in); shortened shifter handle; stock GM HD C.V. axles.

Car: 1988 Grand Am SE turbo, 4-door sedan; 1994 Grand Am GT 16x6.5" 5-spoke "turbo" wheels with 205/55/16 Firestone GTA tires (8yr old tires!); 1991 Grand Am SE front- and rear-end conversion; 1990 honda accord rear spoiler.

Here a picture taken just as I started my bunrout this past weekend. It ran a best 13.52 @ 103 three weeks ago in Ohio. This Sunday is only ran a 14.16 due to street tires instead of slicks, slipping third and fourth gear and low 6500 rev-limit that I forgot to change after dyno tuning it last week.

exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Wow thats quite an impressive list. LOL @ the honda accord spoiler
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

exist3nce wrote:Wow thats quite an impressive list. LOL @ the honda accord spoiler
Ya, laugh if you want, but the LED light bar looks cool as hell! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

barmanjay

Post by barmanjay »

pontiacjeff wrote:forged GM GET pistons (8.5:1) with single intake valve "eyebrow" added for use with the Daewoo 4-valve head;.........GM MLS head gasket from a Z20LET (Euro-"Ecotec" turbo) with TWO Victor "head-saver" head shims, one on either side of the h.g., used to lower compression to 8.0:1;

Do you think it's still nesseccary to add the eyebrow even tho you put in head shims?

Can someone like me with the older LT3 use the stock pistons without having valve clearance issues?

SPEC Stage 3+ cerametallic clutch (which is NOT holding the power as they said it would, even after a long break-in); shortened shifter handle
I've been hearing mixed reviews about SPEC clutches,.. I hear the bulley stage 2 is better

It ran a best 13.52 @ 103 three weeks ago in Ohio.
Crap! If I ever get down to your end of the continent,.. I'm humping your car!
c02one

Post by c02one »

jeff did u remove the cam sensor, cus i dont see it in the pics
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

pontiacjeff wrote:
exist3nce wrote:Wow thats quite an impressive list. LOL @ the honda accord spoiler
Ya, laugh if you want, but the LED light bar looks cool as hell! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

nono i'm not laughing AT the spoiler, just how you wrote it in such tiny letters lol.
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

c02one wrote:jeff did u remove the cam sensor, cus i dont see it in the pics
Yes, the distributor pick-up coil is used for fuel inj reference. The LT3 is batch-fire, not sequential. Injectors are batched 1/3 and 2/4 to fire simultaneously.
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

exist3nce wrote:
pontiacjeff wrote:

nono i'm not laughing AT the spoiler, just how you wrote it in such tiny letters lol.
Not proud of the use of rice parts! AT least they'll have something familiar to look at as I PASS THEM! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

barmanjay wrote:

Do you think it's still nesseccary to add the eyebrow even tho you put in head shims?

Can someone like me with the older LT3 use the stock pistons without having valve clearance issues?
I wasn't going to take a chance. This way it won't be an issue.

barmanjay wrote:I've been hearing mixed reviews about SPEC clutches,.. I hear the bulley stage 2 is better
Weeeeeell, I didn't really break it in, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. It's o.k. for driving around, but I will need to pull it out. It's starting to make noises and grab pretty bad. Ironically, they sent me a 9" clutch for something, probably a Quad4, which fit the flywheel perfect. I would only need to set up the flywheel on the mill and re-drill the bigger bolt pattern. When I called them, the guy talked me out of doing that and sent me the correct 8.5". I really didn't think it was going to hold, despite their claim of 465lbs.ft. I also didn't check the clutch line to see if it needs to be drilled. I need to do that, too.

It ran a best 13.52 @ 103 three weeks ago in Ohio.
Crap! If I ever get down to your end of the continent,.. I'm humping your car![/quote]

No humping... the front bumper is held on with 6 screws and wire ties.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

jeff, whats the weight of your car?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

Efrain A. wrote:jeff, whats the weight of your car?
3100# with me in it, but that was with the automatic. With the 5-speed it might be a little less. It is a fully loaded power everything, no weight removal at all.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

thats beefy! :lol:

get that engine into a pontiac '89 lemans or a lanos!!
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

Efrain A. wrote:thats beefy! :lol:

get that engine into a pontiac '89 lemans or a lanos!!
Ya, I know. I thought about transplanting the whole drivetrain into a 94-95 GrandAm (my favorite body), but decided it was easier to update the 88 to a 91 body, which is alot more modern looking.

The Pontiac sales brochure for 89 lists the GA curb weight from 2490-2750#. With the turbo and pipes and extra wieght of the head, I guess 3000# is close. I think I weighed it once and remembered 3100# with me, but I could be wrong.
M I N I O N

Post by M I N I O N »

Is there any information that you could give me on the alternator and alternator brackets? Is this something that bolted to the C20get block or does it utilize the head bolts? Are there any cars in america I could find this on?
I'm trying to get my alternator out of the way to run charge pipes around there.
Awesome job so far.