SPA Turbo from Brazil.

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

rr__kroz123 wrote:
M I N I O N wrote: Once he gives me answers to all of those questions I will run a couple maps off of my formula and see what it comes up with.
hey chris@PrecisionBoost you have an Optra too so help me out here with these question.

Thanx in advance

Arvin
:roll: thing is that chris has a 2.0L while you have a 1.8L , but he could probably still help just thought id point ot the difference
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

M I N I O N and or I could help with the calculations.... but they will allways be a "best guess" because there are so many variables in the overall equation.

Basicly.... you need the following information to figure out what turbo is best suited for your engine..........

Displacement ( 1.4L, 1.5L, 1.6L, 1.8L, 2.0L, 2.2L )

Desired boost level....

4psi is only moderately noticeable but very safe on a stock engine ( should make roughly 155hp on a 2.0L )
6psi is more noticeable and still relatively safe on a stock engine ( should make roughly 170hp on a 2.0L )
8psi is very noticeable and it's probalby getting marginally risky on a stock engine ( should make roughly 185hp on a 2.0L )

10psi should require some modifications to decrease compression and possibly some tricks to make the stock components such as the connecting rods a little stronger ( cleaning off the parting line from the casting, polishing, balancing of rod/piston assembly ) ( should make roughly 200hp on a 2.0L )

12psi should still be possible on stock components but there are risks of failure due to weak spots in the OEM parts.... aftermarket parts would certainly help with reliability and longevity of the engine ( should make roughly 220hp on a 2.0L )

15psi is getting into some serious teritory... I'd definitly recomend aftermarket parts or parts from a stronger vehicle (such as the C20LET or C20GET ) in order to reach this level... significant work will be needed to make the engine last at this kind of boost. (should make roughly 240hp on a 2.0L )

18psi requires carefull buildup of the engine... and forged parts are recomended (should make roughly 265hp on a 2.0L )

45psi..... :shock: ... well you'd have to be crazy to try this ;) but it should make 450hp at 6500Rpm or roughly 850hp at 12,000 Rpm :smt077

Unless you have $50K to blow on the vehicle....don't even consider the last one
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:M I N I O N and or I could help with the calculations.... but they will allways be a "best guess" because there are so many variables in the overall equation.

Basicly.... you need the following information to figure out what turbo is best suited for your engine..........

Displacement ( 1.4L, 1.5L, 1.6L, 1.8L, 2.0L, 2.2L )

Desired boost level....

4psi is only moderately noticeable but very safe on a stock engine ( should make roughly 155hp on a 2.0L )
6psi is more noticeable and still relatively safe on a stock engine ( should make roughly 170hp on a 2.0L )
8psi is very noticeable and it's probalby getting marginally risky on a stock engine ( should make roughly 185hp on a 2.0L )

10psi should require some modifications to decrease compression and possibly some tricks to make the stock components such as the connecting rods a little stronger ( cleaning off the parting line from the casting, polishing, balancing of rod/piston assembly ) ( should make roughly 200hp on a 2.0L )

12psi should still be possible on stock components but there are risks of failure due to weak spots in the OEM parts.... aftermarket parts would certainly help with reliability and longevity of the engine ( should make roughly 220hp on a 2.0L )

15psi is getting into some serious teritory... I'd definitly recomend aftermarket parts or parts from a stronger vehicle (such as the C20LET or C20GET ) in order to reach this level... significant work will be needed to make the engine last at this kind of boost. (should make roughly 240hp on a 2.0L )

18psi requires carefull buildup of the engine... and forged parts are recomended (should make roughly 265hp on a 2.0L )

45psi..... :shock: ... well you'd have to be crazy to try this ;) but it should make 450hp at 6500Rpm or roughly 850hp at 12,000 Rpm :smt077

Unless you have $50K to blow on the vehicle....don't even consider the last one

well mine is an 1.8L but I have seen a dealers reciept and was written that it was a 2.0L so now I don't know,

well my desired boost level will be 4 to 7psi cuz you wrote that 8psi is marginally risky on a stock engine, I was thinking about getting aftermarket gaskets and also some connecting rods, just to be on the safe site and pushing it to 8psi.

I know there's a bit of difference but I'm pretty sure it will work great if I was to get a turbo that you guys would put on a 2.0L.

Arvin
T18SED Engine.