F1 car sounds

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

because... it's a dohc, 16 valve setup... the flow tunnel is the same basic shape and changes nothing about the valve design.
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

Audacityracing wrote:because... it's a dohc, 16 valve setup... the flow tunnel is the same basic shape and changes nothing about the valve design.
how do u know this?

less displacement less or more cylinders = import sound
more displacement more cylinders = domestic muscle sound
Last edited by Daew0Leganza on Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Audacity Racing
moron

BECAUSE IT'S A FREAKIN DOHC!!!!!!!
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

Audacityracing wrote:BECAUSE IT'S A FREAKIN DOHC!!!!!!!
angle jobs dont mean sht? how much would it cost to make my head into a racehead?
Audacity Racing
moron

go to a local machine shop and find out
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

Audacityracing wrote:go to a local machine shop and find out
does ur engine put out more hp and does it sound different?
Audacity Racing
moron

more hp... heck yes

different sound... just the exhaust note + higher revs
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

Audacityracing wrote:more hp... heck yes

different sound... just the exhaust note + higher revs
how much better? how much more hp?
Audacity Racing
moron

minus cams... on a NA motor, i'm putting 142hp to the wheels

10:1 compression (shaved deck)
stock internals
reinforced valve springs
mechanical tappets
teflon seals
port matched
polished
valve diameter reduction

that's just running a cai and cat-back with ported exhaust and no cats

my new setup won't be shaved and will carry lower deck pistons to drop compression to 8:1 for the turbo setup, but for the NA setup, the deck was shaved .021 inches
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

Audacityracing wrote:minus cams... on a NA motor, i'm putting 142hp to the wheels

stock internals
reinforced valve springs
mechanical tappets
teflon seals
port matched
polished
valve diameter reduction

my new setup won't be shaved and will carry lower deck pistons to drop compression to 8:1 for the turbo setup, but for the NA setup, the deck was shaved .021 inches
how much hp now?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Daew0Leganza wrote:
Audacityracing wrote:neither the rx-8 nor the mx-5 have f1 engines...

the rx-8 has a ROTARY engine... whch can be found on the formula mazda cars... if you confuse an f-1 with a formula mazda... you need glasses.

the mx-5 is the miata... i'm not thinking that's packing 900 hp... ever.

the valve job you're tlaking about won't change a dang thing about sound. the exhaust on a car is what produces the sound you hear. don't you find it strange that racing engines from corvettes and mustangs don't sound that high pitched and that loud? it's because they don't rev as high... it has nothing to do with valves.

for your general information... my woo is packing a full race head setup... port, polish, compression change, tappet changes (mechanical), as well as racing valves. i'm waiting on cams now. when it's all said and done, i'm hoping to rev the woo to 10,000. my ansys run said it'll make it to 12 before failure, but there is no need to go that high.

i kinda think you kust like to go around picking on people and trying to make others mad... which makes you come across as really un-intelligent. everyone knows that need for speed is a video game. the comparison can't even be drawn to real life. even in gt4 or forza, the relationship to real life is non-existent
basically u blueprinted the block... u bull shtter
the muffler doesnt do jack sht to the engine music... putting on some flowmaster on some civic vs some muscle car doesnt mean the cars would sound the same... dumb ass
STRICK THREE! i wonder were are the moderators??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

ok you guys are killing my rebuid post with uninformative text.
1. i have a 3 valve angle jod done.
2. i have a port and polish done.

the valve job onlt helps in making the head breath better. when the valve start to open, because of the angel cut into the valve air starts to rush into the engine before the valves are full open. thats the only advantage of the valve job.

to Daew0Leganza,
if you want to know more about daewoos, take the time to read around the site first. if you dont want to do that, then get your self a service manual, trust me, it is a great help. there are alot of post around the site that are extrimely helpful,read, then you can go ahead and argue points.
it looks like you run into alot of trouble around the site :P . try to back it off, ok.

every engine has it own charasteristic. even two i dentical engine will not produce the same output of power. with a four cylinder, you will need steel componets to make it up to 14,000 rpm. but why would you need to rev up ot that much to make power. the flow tendency of the woo head will never support that much unless extencive prepareations are taken($$$$$). i would reather pack in alot of air with a turbo and leave my rpms to a low setting. high rpms stresses componets more than you know. the stress increses exponetialy as rpm rises. tentional stress are what kills con rods. compressive strokes are ok, but tenstial stress increases with rpm(increases greatly). tenstial stress are greatest at the point at which the piston is at is greatest veolcity(top dead center) and the exhaust valves are open. so with an unpreped engine running 14,000 rpm, even before getting to 12,000rpm you will see con rods fly out the side of the block, and the crank broken into several pieces, the head dented by the piston smacking it and valves broken and bent by the piston smacking it. the piston will have holes in it and possibly broken into several parts. in short, useless engine.

the line between video games and real live is very very thick. :lol:

now that said, this is an informative post on how a nubi engine is been built up. if no related info is been posted it will be remove. if you feel like talking about a disagreement start a new post. thank you vary much. managment :wink: .
got drift?
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

mmamdouh wrote:
Daew0Leganza wrote:
Audacityracing wrote:neither the rx-8 nor the mx-5 have f1 engines...

the rx-8 has a ROTARY engine... whch can be found on the formula mazda cars... if you confuse an f-1 with a formula mazda... you need glasses.

the mx-5 is the miata... i'm not thinking that's packing 900 hp... ever.

the valve job you're tlaking about won't change a dang thing about sound. the exhaust on a car is what produces the sound you hear. don't you find it strange that racing engines from corvettes and mustangs don't sound that high pitched and that loud? it's because they don't rev as high... it has nothing to do with valves.

for your general information... my woo is packing a full race head setup... port, polish, compression change, tappet changes (mechanical), as well as racing valves. i'm waiting on cams now. when it's all said and done, i'm hoping to rev the woo to 10,000. my ansys run said it'll make it to 12 before failure, but there is no need to go that high.

i kinda think you kust like to go around picking on people and trying to make others mad... which makes you come across as really un-intelligent. everyone knows that need for speed is a video game. the comparison can't even be drawn to real life. even in gt4 or forza, the relationship to real life is non-existent
basically u blueprinted the block... u bull shtter
the muffler doesnt do jack sht to the engine music... putting on some flowmaster on some civic vs some muscle car doesnt mean the cars would sound the same... dumb ass
STRICK THREE! i wonder were are the moderators??

MMamdouh
just because my join dates earlier than urs doesnt mean the mods should ban me because u want to be the one with more of an early join date
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

debo890 wrote:ok you guys are killing my rebuid post with uninformative text.
1. i have a 3 valve angle jod done.
2. i have a port and polish done.

the valve job onlt helps in making the head breath better. when the valve start to open, because of the angel cut into the valve air starts to rush into the engine before the valves are full open. thats the only advantage of the valve job.

read somewhere low end torque hp or both increases but high end torque hp or both decreases if the jobs not much on the valve tunnels or if ur jobs r much increases high end torque hp or both but lessens low end

to Daew0Leganza,
if you want to know more about daewoos, take the time to read around the site first. if you dont want to do that, then get your self a service manual, trust me, it is a great help. there are alot of post around the site that are extrimely helpful,read, then you can go ahead and argue points.
it looks like you run into alot of trouble around the site :P . try to back it off, ok.

had been arguing with people that daewoo does not suck daewoo does not suck... because of Italian German Korean Design... ZF hydrauliclly controlled transmission Valves that r the same as some sports bike... on the end turns out the daewoo does suck because the 0 to 60s 11 but the full low end torque and the design makes up for the flaws

every engine has it own charasteristic. even two i dentical engine will not produce the same output of power. with a four cylinder, you will need steel componets to make it up to 14,000 rpm. but why would you need to rev up ot that much to make power. the flow tendency of the woo head will never support that much unless extencive prepareations are taken($$$$$). i would reather pack in alot of air with a turbo and leave my rpms to a low setting. high rpms stresses componets more than you know. the stress increses exponetialy as rpm rises. tentional stress are what kills con rods. compressive strokes are ok, but tenstial stress increases with rpm(increases greatly). tenstial stress are greatest at the point at which the piston is at is greatest veolcity(top dead center) and the exhaust valves are open. so with an unpreped engine running 14,000 rpm, even before getting to 12,000rpm you will see con rods fly out the side of the block, and the crank broken into several pieces, the head dented by the piston smacking it and valves broken and bent by the piston smacking it. the piston will have holes in it and possibly broken into several parts. in short, useless engine.

best to leave the fun for the boost controller on an ems... fuel curve maps with the level... Remember u r on "stock internals" not some forged internals because ur a cheap dumb ass

the line between video games and real live is very very thick. :lol:

some games tend to simulate real life

now that said, this is an informative post on how a nubi engine is been built up. if no related info is been posted it will be remove. if you feel like talking about a disagreement start a new post. thank you vary much. managment :wink: .

thought u were talking about all the daewoo engines
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Audacityracing wrote:minus cams... on a NA motor, i'm putting 142hp to the wheels

stock internals
reinforced valve springs
mechanical tappets
teflon seals
port matched
polished
valve diameter reduction

are you freakin serious? Thats the 1.6, right? Thats a crap load of power from such little mods
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama